Shipping A Car To Liberia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Because of its coastal location in West Africa, it can be cheaper to ship cars to the area from the U.S. than certain other parts of the country.
- For the most part, cars can be transported between the United States and Liberia for $3,200 to $6,300.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Liberia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Monrovia||$200||$3,500||5+30|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Monrovia||$400||$3,800||5+20|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Monrovia||$450||$3,500||5+30|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Monrovia||$550||$3,500||6+30|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Monrovia||$550||$3,800||5+20|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Monrovia||$575||$3,800||6+20|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Monrovia||$675||$3,800||6+20|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Monrovia||$775||$3,500||7+30|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Monrovia||$800||$3,800||6+20|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Monrovia||$1,025||$3,500||7+30|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Did you know that Liberia is the home to Sapo National Park, the second-largest tropical rainforest in the West Africa region? Liberia with its capital at Monrovia is situated in West Africa. It is bordered by Ivory Coast, Guinea, and Serra Leone. Liberia is full of history and while you are visiting, you may enjoy looking around. Whether you are relocating or traveling to Liberia will require some preparation. This article will help you to travel to Liberia with your own vehicle.
In order to ship your vehicle from the U.S. to Liberia, you will need to view customs regulations beforehand. You will also need to inquire about the duty rate and make a checklist of the documents you will be required to provide when importing your vehicle to Liberia.
Ports in Liberia
Liberia is located in West Africa and is bordered by Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Cote D’Ivoire. Guinea is located to the north, Sierra Leone is located to the west and Cote D’Ivoire is located on the east side. The main ports in Liberia include Harper, Greenville, Monrovia, and Buchanan. Monrovia is considered the major port in Liberia. The most common shipping locations in the United States that ships to Liberia include Minneapolis, Detroit, Long Beach, and New York.
If you are exporting a new vehicle, you will need to have the following documentation:
- Chassis number
- Original bill of sale
- The commercial invoice that includes signatures, sealed and stamped. This invoice should also include the engine capacity, year model, and color of the vehicle.
If you are transporting a used vehicle, customs will need to appraise the vehicle to know its value. Duty rates will depend on the vehicle but you are looking at between 38% and 60%, the actual percentage will depend on the type of vehicle you have the engine capacity. A used vehicle is also subject to customs tariff.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Liberia
- Clear title
- Registration documents
- Proof of purchase (invoice)
- Proof of ownership
- Passport copy of the owner
- Valid ID issued by the government
- Insurance documents of the car
- Import permit
- Custom release notification form
Note: While these rules and regulations are in effect, it’s important to note that these customs regulations may be subject to change at any given time. This information is strictly a guide.
When preparing your vehicle to ship, there are two different ways to ship; the roll on/roll off service or the container service. With the roll on/roll off service, you will need to drive the vehicle on and drive the vehicle off the ship. This means that you will need proper documentation and identification in order to do this. The gas tank in the vehicle should only be one-quarter full. The roll on/roll off service is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. However, all documents, import duty, and insurance need to be at par with the current regulations. You can know more about different methods of shipping your car and how cost effective it is beforehand to ensure a smooth transportation.
Related Information & FAQs
- Transport a car to Liberia through dependable overseas shipping services
- How can I estimate the cost to ship a car to Liberia from the US
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Liberia using a container
- Open air services are greatest for shipping cars to Liberia
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
🇱🇷 Liberia, (LR)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September