Companies Providing International Shipping Services In New Jersey
New Jersey is one of the principal ports for international auto shipments, both for those coming into the U.S. and those being shipped overseas. Due to its location on the eastern seaboard, New Jersey is an ideal spot for shipping a car from the U.S. to countries in western Europe, Scandinavia, Africa, and Latin America. In this blog post, we’ll review the basics of shipping internationally, as well as the best options available when shipping a vehicle internationally from New Jersey.
Container Shipping – Of the two primary ways to ship a vehicle to another country, containerized transport is the one most frequently used when shipping other items in addition to a vehicle.
The reason for this is that containers have room inside them for much more than just one car–in fact, two standard sized vehicles can fit into a container allowing you to ship two at once or split the cost with another party. If you’re relocating to another country and need to bring more than just your car, a shipping container is the way to go!
RORO Shipping – RORO is an acronym that stands for “roll on, roll off” and it refers to how the car is loaded onto the boat for shipment. Auto transport ships are designed with a cargo area that braces, blocks, and secures the vehicle with minimal handling. As opposed to being loaded into a shipping container, the vehicle is simply driven onto the ship and parked in the cargo area where it is secured for shipment. Once it arrives, the vehicle is driven off the ship and is ready to be picked up.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Directory Of Overseas Car Shippers In New Jersey
- K International Transport Co. – Offering both RORO and containerized car shipping from New Jersey, K International not only handles shipment of the vehicle, but the documentation as well. K International Transport also provides international air freight for automobiles.
- Schumacher Cargo Logistics – Schumacher is an established name in the auto transport and cargo moving industry for nearly 40 years. In addition to transporting vehicles overseas, they also ship personal items and provide home moving services.
- TRT International – An international freight forwarder with 20 years of experience, TRT International arranges domestic and international vehicle shipping from their offices in Newark. They are a great option for containerized auto transport overseas and also offer air freight.
- A-1 Auto Transport Inc. – A worldwide and domestic auto shipper, A-1 Auto Transport has locations around the world in virtually every major city and metro area. With a vast network and an established track record of performance-driven results, A-1 is the worldwide leader in affordable international auto shipping.
Need a cost estimate for shipping a car internationally from New Jersey? Give us a call today at the number at the top of the page or send us a quick email using our contact form! Our experts are happy to answer your questions and all estimates are 100% FREE and given in real time by a certified agent!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory