Although it’s possible to drive a car from the United States to El Salvador without many obstacles in the way, it’s always wisest to hire an experienced transport company familiar with foreign import laws.
Complying with the country’s import laws isn’t always easy. Let the experts at the shipping company help you gather all the proof needed to ensure your car is approved for import by Customs. Then, they’ll carefully ship your car to El Salvador.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Required for Import into El Salvador.
- Driver’s License.
- Title and Registration.
- Original Purchase Invoice.
- Original and copy of OBL.
- Proof from DMV or Police Department of Ownership.
When you have all the proof collected, bring it up to the Customs office. You’ll also want to bring the receipt you received for paying all the import taxes and duties. If everything is presented properly, a certificate of import approval is granted.
International Shipping Methods.
Roll On/ Roll Off – This method of transport is the most cost effective method available to date. Your vehicle must pass a brief inspection before it is loaded onto the vessel. After the inspection, it will be rolled on the ship.
Container Shipping – This is a costlier shipping service than the RO/RO method. Your vehicle will be guarded against the elements and have the most protection against theft. This is the absolute safest way to ship your car to another country. It also makes it possible for the customer to ship along with other belongings with the car.
No matter what services you choose, insurance coverage is provided. This is how the transporter guarantees their services. Inspect your vehicle for damages before it’s shipped. Take pictures so that you can refer to them when you get the car back in El Salvador.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?