Motorcycles ought to be handled with care, especially when they are being transported. Therefore, it is best that you hire motorcycle shipping services whenever any of the following situations arise:
- Taking a bike to the mechanic.
- Relocating and having to transport the bike to the new address.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Delivering a bike to the buyer in order to complete the sale.
- Going to a biking event.
- Avoiding risky rides when the weather conditions are not favorable.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use in transporting bikes include:
Shipping via rail - A cargo train is used in the delivery of the bike from one terminus to another.
Shipping via water - The bike is put in a container or secured and covered well then ferried from port to port on a cargo ship.
Shipping via road - The bike may be transported on a flatbed truck, an open truck or a motorcycle trailer.
Shipping via air - The bike is delivered by plane in the shortest time possible.
Door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal are the available delivery options.
Pre-shipping preparation: Getting your bike ready
The following are the tasks that you should do so as to get your motorcycle ready for shipping:
- Disable the alarm system.
- Check the engine.
- Ensure that the fluids are within the recommended levels.
- Confirm if the gas is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Ensure that the tires are well-inflated.
- Take the bike to a professional who can ensure that it is in good condition and fix the faulty parts.
- Inspect the bike.
- Clean the bike thoroughly.
- Take clear photos of the bike from different angles.
Note: It is advisable to check with the moving company as to whether there are other specific activities you should do so as to ensure that the bike will be in good condition. For example, some movers expect to have the detachable parts such as the handlebars removed. The additional preparation activities which should be done when shipping a bike in a crate include disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids.
Factors to consider as you search for a moving company
The following are the main factors to consider as you search for a motorcycle mover to ensure that you make a good choice.
Experience: The shipping company ought to possess relevant experience in shipping bikes.
Quality and variety of services: The mover should be capable of providing you with different motorcycle shipping solutions which are of high quality, ensuring efficient delivery of the bike.
Safety: The shipping company ought to meet the recommended standards of safety set by both the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Validity: The shipping company ought to run a valid business and possess relevant documents such as certificates and licenses.
Insurance coverage: The mover should have a valid insurance policy in place.
Reputation: The company ought to have a good reputation. This can be indicated by the ratings and reviews.
Choose A-1 Auto Transport
You should choose A-1 Auto Transport to move your bike because we are highly experienced and can ship bikes to any destination across the USA, Sauk Village included. We are capable of providing you with the best motorcycle transport solutions which are highly effective and availed at affordable rates. Should you need to get the estimated shipping costs for your move, reach out to us and we shall give you a quote. Additionally, the safety of your bike is made a priority; you will find your bike in perfect condition since the team also provides the best motorcycle care.
The Sauk Village motorcycle shipping services which we provide
To deliver your bike in a reliable way, we provide a variety of quality Sauk Village motorcycle shipping services that include:
- Open-air motorcycle shipping, to ensure that you get the bike delivered in an affordable manner. However, since the bike will be exposed to various perils, this shipping option does not provide security against external factors that might damage your goods.
- Enclosed motorcycle shipping, to have your bike shipped safely. The added security feature makes this a more expensive shipping option compared to open-air shipping.
- Crated motorcycle shipping, to have your bike safely shipped in a crate and delivered in good condition.
- Insurance coverage, to provide you with a comprehensive insurance policy that ensures your bike will be protected against a variety of perils that may cause harm to it.
- Storage services, to provide you with a safe and convenient storage solution that enables you to plan for the move according to your schedule.
Ship with us
If you are seeking the best shipping services, ship with us. We are capable of providing you with the best service and a hassle-free experience. Do reach out to us if you need more information or a quote on our services. The number to dial is 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.