Motorcycle owners hire shipping companies if the situation at hand does not allow them to ride their bikes. Some of the circumstances that cannot allow you to ride your bike to the required destination are:
- When your bike has developed mechanical problems. If the repair service is too far, then shipping the bike is the most suitable choice.
- If you are a motorcycle racer, chances are that the racing federation puts it clearly that all participants must ship their rides to the venue.
- If you are a dealer, the use of shipping services comes in handy especially when completing bike orders for overseas clients.
- Bad weather ruins the riding thrill. During such times a reliable bike hauler will be of great help to transport your motorcycle to your desired address.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
There is nothing we stress more than the safety of bikes. We have professionally designed shipping options to give you value for money and the shipping comfort that you desire.
- Water transport. We secure bikes in ships and move them to the required location. There is also the option for containerization. The major delivery alternative with water shipping is port to port delivery.
- Road transport. Our heavy duty and well-maintained shipping trucks will never fail you when it comes to secure and fast shipping. We have both enclosed and non-enclosed trailers always available.
- Rail transport. Our shipping options on land are not limited to just cargo trucks. We have the option of railway transport to help move bikes especially for individuals or dealers operating close to termini.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Bike shipment cannot be done without proper preparation of your bike. Perform the following easy-to-follow steps to avoid inconveniences:
- Clean all the parts of your motorcycle ensuring all stains are cleared.
- Look for a well-lit area to take pictures of your motorcycle using a high-resolution camera.
- Check for malfunctions in the engine. Call a mechanic for repairs if need be.
- Remove fluids that pose dangers to drivers and your bike. These can be corrosive or inflammable
- The fuel in the tank should be at a maximum level of a quarter.
- All the security systems should be disconnected. These include the alarms, anti-theft locks, and GPS devices.
- Document the condition of the motorbike before shipping.
- Find and place all the travel documents in one envelope after making copies. The copies should be sent to the receiver.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Reliable shippers have high ratings. These can be ratings on BBB and reviews or votes by customers. The testimonials and ratings should be excellent in order for you to hire them.
- Services of dependable moving companies are approved. Bike shipping should be facilitated by a hauler that is approved to move motorbikes in Antioch. Always check with the Better Business Bureau to find out the legitimacy of any company.
- Your hauler should have the necessary permits. The licenses must be issued by an agency authorized by the government. The USA Department of Transport is one of the agencies that license shipping companies.
- Adequate experience is a must for your hauler. Be on the safe side by making sure that your shipper has shipped a lot of bikes to various destinations around the world for several years. The recommendable level of experience is 15 years.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our shippers have sufficient experience. A-1 Auto Transport has pioneered the shipping industry for over 30 years. We are certain that our knowledge exceeds your expectations.
- We handle and ship every motorcycle with utmost caution to make sure there are no damages occurring during shipping. We promise to do the same for your bike – handle it with extra care. However, if anything happens during shipping and your bike gets damaged, we have an insurance policy to handle such cases. It is always good to take precaution!
- We are a 24-hour running shipping firm. We work with many clients in different time-zones; hence, the need to operate round-the-clock. Bookings and inquiries can be done during the night if that is when you are available.
- Your shipment is satellite-tracked to ensure you do not miss out on real-time updates. That said, shipments in desert and arid regions can be tracked without an issue.
Our Antioch motorcycle shipping services
- Cost-free services.
- Enclosed shipping services.
- Open-air shipping services.
- Crated shipping.
Talk to us!
We are available round the clock to offer you A-class services from pick-up to delivery. You can get in touch with us via several communication methods, for instance, filling out the online form, or calling us at 1-800-452-2880.