Motorcycle shipping is an activity which ought to be carried out with a lot of care and expertise. There are also many tasks to be done and laws to comply with. Therefore, it is advisable that you transport your bike by hiring motorcycle shipping services. The reasons why it is advisable to hire a professional mover include getting reliable shipping solutions and advice on the regulations which will govern your move. Moreover, you can get additional services conveniently from the single service provider. Most shipping companies provide storage services and insurance coverage too. Since the shipping companies are based in various locations across the USA, you can have your bike shipped reliably to different destinations.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The following are the motorcycle shipping methods that we use in transporting your bike:
- Air transport, which is the fastest means of transport and also the most expensive one. Cargo planes are used in transporting the bikes.
- Water transport, which is a less expensive shipping option for overseas deliveries and slower compared to shipping via air. Cargo ships deliver the bike to the port which shall be the point of entry to your destination.
- Road transport, commonly used in making deliveries to various addresses. The bike may be delivered on a motorcycle trailer, a flatbed truck or a motorcycle trailer.
- Rail transport, a more convenient alternative to road transport. The bike is delivered on a cargo train.
Preparing a bike for shipping
There are various tasks that should be completed before you hand over your bike to the shipping company. If it will be in running condition, you ought to check the engine, the level of the fluids and the inflation of the tires. Additionally, you ought to ensure that the gas level is at a maximum amount of a quarter of the tank capacity. If the bike is to be delivered in a crate, you will be required to disconnect the battery and drain the fluids. You should also clean the bike, inspect it and take photos of it. Make a report on its condition and also mention the specific ways in which the bike ought to be handled.
Factors to consider as you search for a shipping company
When looking for a shipping company to hire, you ought to put various factors into consideration such as the experience that the company has in transporting bikes, especially to Collinsville. It is important to find out if the company is licensed and also insured to operate across the USA. The moving company also ought to provide you with a variety of shipping options at affordable rates.
Why you should hire us
The following are the reasons why we are a good shipping company to hire:
- We have vast experience and good understanding of motorcycle shipping processes and laws and therefore, you will be able to make moves with a trusted guide.
- Our operations run in various locations across the USA and thus, you can visit our offices in different locations, have your bike delivered to any destination and also hire storage services where necessary.
- We have a team which provides reliable services and you can count on them to handle your motorcycle with care and act on your requests effectively. Our drivers also aim to complete deliveries within the shortest time possible. Their familiarity with various routes makes it easy for them to reach the destination in good time.
- We offer you with the most competitive shipping rates and you will be able to hire reliable but affordable services. To get a quote, you can provide us with your details and we shall issue it as soon as possible. You will note that we do not charge any hidden costs. The quotes are also issued for free and are free from any obligations.
Our Collinsville motorcycle shipping services
The following are our Collinsville motorcycle shipping services:
- Open-air shipping, which is an affordable shipping option but less secure.
- Crated shipping, a safe shipping option whereby a bike is put in a crate.
- Enclosed shipping, a more expensive and more secure shipping option.
- Insurance coverage, provided as a law requirement and to ensure that you get protection against damages which may be caused to your bike by perils.
- Storage services, which is provided to ensure that you have the chance to plan your move depending on your schedule and pick up or drop off your bike when it is convenient to you.
Move with us
If you skyline to have your motorcycle transported reliably, move with us. We have the best transport solutions and you can rely on us to deliver your bike in good time and in perfect condition. Call us soon on the number 1-800-452-2880 so as to plan your move.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.