- Different Methods We Can Use To Ship Your Motorcycle
- Summit, Il Motorcycle Shipping Pricing & Time To Ship Examples
- How To Prepare Your Motorcycle For Shipping
- What To Look For In A Motorcycle Shipping Company
- Why You Should Use A-1 Auto Transport For Your Motorcycle Shipping Needs
- Our Summit Motorcycle Shipping Services
- Talk To Us!
- Summit Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Summit Includes Zip Codes
The truth vis-à-vis motorbikes is that they are built for the joy of the ride. However, there are circumstances where it becomes practical to have them transported to or from Summit by a reliable motorbike transport service, instead of having the bike owners taking risks by riding the bikes several miles from one geographical region to another.
Riding can be electrifying and oozes terrific freedom. However, distant trips can get very tiresome on the riders’ backs, even on the most deluxe choppers. So, if you want, for instance, to attend a biking event thousands of kilometers away, you will need to hire the services of an excellent shipping company.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Train transport. Transporting your motorcycle via train is a great option since it is cheaper than other shipping methods. However, you are responsible of dropping off the bike for shipping and collecting it after delivery at a train terminus.
- Road transport. With this shipping method, we will load your motorbike on an open or enclosed trailer and move it to the stipulated address. This is often the greatest method because we work with your plan and door-to-door delivery is offered.
- Water transport. A primary international shipping service that is affordable and offers optimum security while the shipment is on the move. We can ship any number of motorcycles in your parking lot.
- Air transport. Regarded as a high-cost shipping option, air shipping is suitable when the need to ship a motorcycle is urgent.
Summit, IL Motorcycle Shipping Pricing & Time To Ship Examples
|To / From Summit, IL||Distance||Cost||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Summit, IL to Woodbury, MN||403 miles||$161||3 - 5 days|
|Nashville, TN to Summit, IL||480 miles||$192||3 - 5 days|
|Summit, IL to Olathe, KS||520 miles||$208||3 - 5 days|
|Bedford, NH to Summit, IL||1023 miles||$409||4 - 6 days|
|Summit, IL to Tinton Falls, NJ||825 miles||$330||3 - 5 days|
|Portland, OR to Summit, IL||2118 miles||$847||6 - 8 days|
|Summit, IL to Asheville, NC||659 miles||$263||3 - 5 days|
|Grants Pass, OR to Summit, IL||2152 miles||$860||6 - 8 days|
|Summit, IL to Concord, NC||767 miles||$306||3 - 5 days|
|Charleston, SC to Summit, IL||920 miles||$368||3 - 5 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
In this section of the write-up, we will explain about preparing your motorcycle for shipping. The chances of a well-prepared bike to get damaged are very unlikely. Read the tips below.
- Clean your bike. The customs are impressed by clean motorbikes. Also, marked up areas are easily noticed on a clean motorbike.
- Complete a thorough inspection. Do this when you are not in a hurry. Missing out on some parts might cause trouble with the customs or law enforcers.
- Leave just a quarter tank of fuel. Less fuel means the bike weighs less than when with a full tank and the shipping fees are reduced as well.
- Secure the shaky parts. You can either tighten them or if they are fragile remove them. The ones that are removed should be packed in secure containers and labeled accordingly.
- Check the tire pressure. Damage is reduced to over 70% in motorcycles with adequate pressure in the tires. Tires are great cushions for the bike; they absorb all the shock emanating from the truck movements.
- Remove personal items. You should be aware that valuables are not covered by our insurance policy.
- Write down specific instructions. If the motorcycles have unique operating features, be sure you let the shipper know.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Look for a motorcycle shipping company that owns its fleet of shipping vehicles. They should not be brokers or sub-contractors working with other shipping companies.
- Be sure you confirm that the shipping company offers shipping services for all types of motorcycles. This means that they should be well equipped with handling equipment and machinery.
- The shipper you consider working with should be able to ship motorbikes statewide, nationwide, and overseas. This might be via air, road, rail or water bodies.
- Only ship with shippers who include insurance coverage in their shipping services. The policies should offer compensation privileges for all kinds of perils.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Motorcycle Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our shipping rates are competitive and you can afford to hire our shipping services for your motorcycle shipping needs. We have a hardworking crew that monitors and alerts us about the trends in the current motorcycle hauling market; hence, our ability to quote reasonable shipping fees.
- Our reviews are proof of our utmost care. Customers are really treasured at A-1 Auto Transport. In the motorcycle shipping industry, it is hard to make everybody happy. However, we work hard to offer you first-rate shipping services. At times things do not go as planned but we always alert our clients.
- Consider our express delivery services. A-1 Auto Transport uses trucks that deliver straight through. After loading the bike in the truck, our drivers will not stop to cross-dock your cargo at centers on the way. Cross-docking is what other carriers do and it leads to damage on the bike. With us, after loading your bike it is en-route directly to the stipulated destination.
Our Summit motorcycle shipping services
- 24/7 online tracking.
- ATVs, quad, and dirt bikes shipping.
- Motorcycle crating.
- International motorbike Shipping.
Talk to us!
You can count on A-1 Auto Transport for any motorcycle shipping need. We deliver to Summit and any other city in America. Get your free instant bike shipping estimate by calling 1-800-452-2880 right away!
Summit Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|West 63rd Street||75th Avenue||Archer Avenue|
|South Archer Road||Hanover Street||West Selma Avenue|
Summit includes ZIP codes