Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The village of Midlothian gained tremendous fame for being home to the former auto racer, Gary Bettenhausen. So many sports fanatics have followed in his footsteps and displayed their passion for racing by taking part in auto racing either for fun or as a career. Others who are daring enough to feel the breeze get into motorsport racing. In the spirit of adventure, the residents of Midlothian may want to transport their bikes to other destinations. The good news is that A-1 Auto transport is available to fulfil their motorcycle shipping demands.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air transport
For short distance shipment, we offer open-air transport and as the name suggests, your motorbike will be shipped on an open truck. At times for multiple shipments, the motorbikes may be carefully stacked on top of each other on an open trailer that is about 80 feet long.
- Enclosed transport
Our drivers will put your motorbike in a trailer with a roof and four sides intact. Though the driver may not be able to check on the state of the motorbike, you are sure that it is in safe hands.
- The door to door transport
For the customers who cannot make it to our offices, our drivers could arrange to pick up the motorbike at your residence. It will then be transported in the safest conditions to the specified address.
- Terminal to terminal transport
This service is mostly used by customers who live close to the airports or railway terminals. Whether they are buying or selling the motorbike, we can deliver the motorbike from one terminal to the next.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
For precaution’s sake, it is prudent to prepare the motorbike before it can be loaded in a truck for shipping. Try to do the following:
- Ensure that your motorbike is clean enough for transportation. You will also be doing a favour for the shipping company as you will not get any dirt on the truck or shipping containers.
- If you are shipping over a long distance, try to drain out the fuel tank or at least leave it at a ¼ full.
- Inspect the motorbike for fluid leaks.
- Inflate all the tires.
- Remove the helmet and other detachable items from the
- Take angle shots of the condition of the motorbike. Focus on the tires, dents, side mirrors and overall body.
- Check with your local authority on the process and regulations for shipping your motorbike
- Check the overall motorbike Ensure that it is functioning properly. If not, contact your nearest mechanic.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Are all motorcycle shipping companies good enough for you? Not really. The cases of packages getting stolen by fraudulent shipping companies are not new to us. That’s why you need to be smart in the way you vet these shipping companies. Try looking into the following:
- Insurance over
Despite the fact that motorcycle shipping companies do not take responsibility for personal items left on the motorbike, they should at least offer compensation for damages or cases of theft when the motorbike is in transit.
- Transit time
You will get to know this better once you get on the phone with them. Ask about what time they will be there to pick up your motorbike, the transit time to the required destination and estimated time of arrival.
- Experience Level
Will your motorbike give them their first motorcycle shipping experience or have they been shipping motorbikes as a standing company policy? The higher the experience level, the better handling you will get.
- Shipping method
Look into the number of shipping methods they offer that are similar to the aforementioned 5 by A-1 Auto Transport.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
A-1 Auto Transport is a motorcycle shipping company that puts the needs of the customer above everything else. You will notice that from the customer-friendly service you will get on your the first call with our customer service representatives. We are more than delighted to answer all your motorbike shipping querries and will offer helpful advice where we can. We are also willing to cooperate with other shipping companies to ensure your motorbike safely gets transported safely to the destination.
Our Midlothian motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door transport
- State to state motorcycle shipping-We cover all the 50 states of USA
- long distance moving
- Loading and unloading your motorcycle
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory