It can get very rainy at La Grange Park meaning you may have to cut down on the motorcycle rides. For such days, you can move to another state, one with favorable weather, and carry on with your riding passion. All thanks to the federal laws. Now the tricky part comes in when you don’t know what to do or where to start when it comes to shipping your motorcycle. Well, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport. We are prime motorcycle shippers and our services are available for all the residents of La Grange Park.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Our shipping methods entail:
- The enclosed transport-This method is rather expensive since your motorbike will be shielded from elements such as rain, dirt, dust and debris.
- Open-air transport- We can ship multiple motorbikes in an open-air trailer where they are all exposed to the atmospheric conditions.
- Door to door transport- We will offer direct delivery where you get to choose the pickup and delivery point. You could even choose to have us pick up your motorbike from the garage and deliver it to another garage in a different state.
- Terminal to terminal transport- This is a convenient method for an interstate shipment. We will agree on a loading zone (terminal) where your motorbike will be loaded and unloaded in another terminal in order to make the process easy.
- Crated transport- This method provides maximum stability for your motorbike during shipment. It is best suited for motorbikes being transported over air, sea or over land. It is important to ensure that the crate design doesn’t exert damaging pressure to the detachable parts of your motorbike like the side mirrors.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
This guide gives you some helpful motorcycle shipping preparation tips:
- Record all dents, dings, scratches, chips or other cosmetic damage to the motorbike.
- Note down any mechanical issues.
- Note down the exact date of the records and show them to the shippers when they arrive.
- Thoroughly wash your motorcycle.
- Check for deflated tires and punctures and remedy the situation.
- If you have a good camera, take shots of your motorbike from several angles pre-shipment.
- Only ship the motorbike if the gas tank is ¼ full or less.
- Accessories or lost items will not be covered by insurance, therefore, remove them from the motorbike.
- Check and fix fuel leaks if any.
- Fix all mechanical issues.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The thought of trusting someone with your valuable item can bring you a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights. For your own piece of mind, we have come up with a checklist that will help you spot the best motorcycle shipping company. They include:
- Experience Level
You would want to deal with shippers that have handled motorcycle consignments for a long period of time. Experienced shippers not only give you quality services but they also give advice on the best shipping method you could use.
- Pick-up and drop-off time
If you would like your motorbike shipped for a rally, time is of the essence. Go for a company that specifies what time they will pick up your motorbike and the expected transit time. Be keen on how they follow through on their promises. Chances are, if they delay on the pick time, they will also take longer to deliver it.
- Shipping method
Some shipping companies may not offer crated transport and you probably can’t risk having your motorbike out in the open air. Run through all the shipping methods and ensure that they are what you have in mind. Do not settle for less.
- Insurance coverage
In case an accident happens, and at times they do, you will want to be compensated for the damages seeing that it isn’t your fault. Only go for motorcycle shipping companies that offer both theft and damage insurance for your motorcycle.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We hold the reputation of a longtime standing leader in the shipping industry. We are flexible enough to take up any transportation request and offer timely services. In addition, we are insured, licensed and bonded, and we operate as per the federal regulations regarding shipment safety. When it comes to shipping, it doesn’t get any better than A-1 Auto Transport.
Our La Grange Park motorcycle shipping services
We offer the following motorcycle shipping services at La Grange Park.
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
- The door to door shipments
- State to state shipments
- long distance shipments
- Packing and unpacking of your motorcycle
Ready to Ship?
Visit our site and get a quote on some of our motorcycle shipping charges depending on your destination. Let the best shippers work for you.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.