Making moves requires a lot of planning and activities, some of which should be handled with a lot of expertise. Therefore, while it may be possible to transport a bike using your own means, it would be better to hire motorcycle shipping services. The moving companies will provide you with additional services such as storage, insurance and also guidance on all things motorcycle shipping. The benefits of hiring movers outweigh the cost. You will also free yourself up to handle other tasks since the moving company will handle the shipping of your motorcycle, from start to finish.
The motorcycle shipping methods
The different motorcycle shipping methods that we use in transporting bikes include air transport, water transport, rail transport and road transport. Air transport is the fastest and most expensive shipping option. Water transport is a slower means of shipping but less expensive compared to air transport. It is commonly used in making international deliveries. Road transport is the most common method used in making in-land deliveries and the bike may be transported in an open or enclosed container. Rail transport is an alternative in-land shipping method. It is more reliable since the delivery is completed with minimal delays. The shipping methods have different costs but we aim to ensure they are all highly effective and secure.
Pre-shipping preparation: getting a bike ready for shipping methods
Motorcycles ought to be prepared well before they are shipped so as to ensure that they are in a condition fit for shipping, to make it easier for the mover to handle it and to avoid any accidents occurring. The tasks to be done include checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the tire pressure. Other activities include ensuring that the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity, removing the accessories attached to the bike and disabling the alarm system. When shipping a bike in a crate, the extra preparation activities to be done include draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery. Inspecting the bike, making a report on the condition and taking photos of it so as to document the condition it is in before it is shipped.
What makes a good mover
A good motorcycle shipping company is one that is licensed and certified, insured and approved by the Better Business Bureau. It is also capable of providing a variety of transport solutions which are secure and affordable. Sufficient experience in the provision of such services is also a factor that you should consider. Additionally, the shipping company ought to have a good reputation and be rated and reviewed positively by their past and existing clients.
A good shipping company will also have a good reputation. When the customers are satisfied with the services provided, they will rate the company highly and review it positively.
What makes us a good choice
Hiring our services is a good choice because:
- You will have a hassle-free shipping experience since our shipping process is not complex. Your bike will be transported with ease and you will also have the chance to track the delivery of your bike using real-time tracking information.
- We provide services at the most affordable rates and you can get the shipping quote after submitting your shipping information. We neither attach any obligations to the quotes issued nor do we charge any hidden costs.
- We provide a variety of shipping services which are very reliable, effective and of high quality. This gives you the chance to have your bike transported using the shipping method that will suit your needs best.
- We have a secure site and therefore, all information shared with us shall be encrypted and secure.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) have inspected us and we meet the safety requirements. When you ship with us, you can rest easy knowing that your bike is in safe hands and will be delivered in perfect condition. We provide good motorcycle care and also use high-end equipment to move and handle the bike safely.
The Bethalto motorcycle shipping services
The following are the Bethalto motorcycle shipping services that we provide: crated transport, open-air transport and enclosed transport, which are reliable motorcycle shipping options. Open-air transport is the most affordable shipping service but it is the least secure one. Enclosed shipping and crated shipping are more expensive but more secure. The other services we offer are insurance coverage, which is provided to all clients as required by law, and storage services.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to get more information on our services. We can be reached on the number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.