Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
There are various circumstances under which it may be necessary to have a bike transported by hiring motorcycle shipping services. These include:
- Completing a sale by delivering the bike to the address of the purchaser.
- Taking a motorcycle to the garage for repairs.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Avoiding the wear and tear caused by the extensive use of the bike.
- Relocating and moving bikes to the new address.
- Attending a biking event thus requiring the bikes to be shipped to the location at which the event will be held.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The different motorcycle shipping methods that we use in the delivery of bikes include air transport, water transport, rail transport and road transport. We source for the most affordable air freight charges for you to have your bike shipped quickly and efficiently in a cargo plane. Our drivers are capable of shipping the bikes via road and they ensure you get the bike as soon as possible. The bike may be transported on a flatbed truck, an open truck or a motorcycle trailer. When shipping overseas and under no time constraints, water transport is the best option. However, you will have to familiarize yourself with the custom laws. Rail transport is a reliable shipping option which enables you to have the bike delivered within the shortest time possible. The trains are almost always prompt and follow a fixed time schedule.
Getting a bike ready for shipping
There are various activities that you should do as you prepare your motorbike for shipping. These include:
- Ensuring that the tires are inflated well.
- Checking the engine.
- Checking the level of the fluids.
- Removing motorcycle accessories.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Ensuring that the gas level is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Taking the bike to a professional who can fix the faulty parts.
- Draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery (applies if you will ship the bike in a crate).
- Cleaning the bike thoroughly.
- Inspecting the bike and making a report on its condition. You should mention the present defects or damages on the bike.
- Taking good photos of the bike from different angles.
Choosing a motorcycle shipping company
There are various factors that you ought to put into consideration as you search for a company to handle the shipping of your bike. These include the experience that the company has in transporting bikes, the validity of the business and the reputation of the company. To determine if they are capable of providing you a safe move, check if they use the required equipment in the handling of motorcycles and if they are registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should hire us
The reasons as to why you should consider hiring our services when you are met with the need to transport your motorcycle include:
- We have a team that is capable of providing you with the most reliable delivery services and exceptional customer service.
- We provide highly reputable tailored services therefore, we can meet your specific shipping needs. The examples of such services are Sturgis bike week shipping, classic motorcycle shipping and Harley-Davidson shipping.
- We do our best to ensure that the move will be as safe as possible. Our team handles the bike with care by moving it using high-end equipment and making the loading and offloading as easy and safe as it can be. Additionally, we use secure shipping options while shipping the bike and you can expect to have the bike received in perfect condition. However, since some accidents may occur, we have a comprehensive insurance cover which will see to it that you are fully compensated for any damage that may be caused to your bike.
- We have the most competitive shipping rates. You can make an efficient move without necessarily digging too deep into your pockets. If you would like to get the estimated shipping costs, you can provide us with the information on your move and we shall issue a quote for free. You will be pleased to know that we do not have any hidden costs nor do we attach obligations to the quotes issued.
- We run operations across the USA and thus, you can have your bike shipped to any destination, Charles included. You can also have it stored at our secure facilities.
The available St. Charles motorcycle shipping services
The St. Charles motorcycle shipping services that we provide include reliable transport options such as open-air transport, enclosed transport and crated transport. These shipping options are all provided at affordable rates with varying ranges of costs. The additional services we provide are insurance coverage, storage services, shipping guidance and advisory.
Please feel free to contact us. We can be reached on the number 1-800-452-2880 at any time and we are ready to respond to your queries and act on your requests.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory