A few greedy shippers have corrupted the art of shipping. They are only looking for money, and sometimes they disappear with bikes. Avoid at all cost shippers with shady deals or those that cannot prove their legitimacy. However, there are some shippers like A-1 Auto Transport who are known to offer legit services.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we possess the knowledge and equipment to move your bike safely to the required address. We have trained experts who will assist in determining the most suitable and affordable methods of shipping, offering a shipping quotation for the entire move and specifying the procedures for you. They will also explain the steps you must take at the preparations stage.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
At A-1 Auto Transport, a bike rider looking to transport their rides has an array of alternatives. The chosen option is reliant on the customer’s needs such as urgency, budget, and distance. Some of our options are:
- Open truck shipping. If you are searching for the cheapest method to ship your motorcycle, then open-air is your pick. Your bike is transported on a lowboy truck. This method often leaves your bike exposed to road elements and bad weather.
- Enclosed truck transport. The transport method is costlier to use, but it is the best choice if you are looking to transport an exotic bike or any bike that you need to be delivered in pristine showroom condition.
- Crated bike transport. This method involves crating and packing your motorcycle. Building a crate can be time-consuming but offers maximum safety to the bike. Always hire an expert if you are not familiar with the process of crate building.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The critical set of instructions for the prepping steps that bike owners should complete before their bike shipments are provided by the haulers. Our collection of guidelines includes:
- Ensuring that your bike is operable, and if not, detail the problems in your assessment records. Also, jot down any unique operating instructions.
- Remember to inflate both the front and back tires as these will act as cushions during transport.
- The battery should be charged sufficiently to avoid inconveniences during offloading.
- Fill the fuel tank with gas up to the quarter mark.
- Check for leaking fluids and ensure the leakages are fixed.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Shipping costs. Walk into the shipper’s office and ask for a quote. But before this, do your homework to find out the current market rates. Be careful with companies that offer low-ball shipping costs. Shippers offering such low prices cannot credibly transport your bike and provide excellent security services. Odds are they use second or third-hand machinery. Also, you are likely to find out that they pay the handlers peanuts.
- Reliability of the shipper’s services. Ask about the period the haulers have been providing the transport services in McHenry. Transport solution providers that have been in the business for a long time are worth the hire.
- Find out about their insurance information. Typically, insurers must vet the companies before selling them insurance services. If the shippers have genuine insurance policies, then they have had low or zero damage claims. Minimal complaints are indicators of quality transport services.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We offer well-crafted shipping options. We designed our shipping methods to suit all types of riders. Every category of clients tends to show a desire for a unique shipping method. We ensure that we follow current shipping trends so that we can be at par with the current demands. This knowledge enables us to tweak the options where necessary.
- We are trustworthy and dependable. Our website has all the tangible information you need to know about motorcycle shipping. You will quickly grasp the logic behind our services, and where you cannot comprehend, you can reach out to our agents and ask for clarification.
- Our shipping prices are reasonable. After consulting us, we will let you know the current prices in the market with proof of the same. This is to show you that we offer affordable services and costs within the market range.
- We have adequate experience. Look up what prior clients have to say regarding our performance. We do not hide negative comments or choose what to publish. We have shipped bikes around the world for about 30 years now. We have had the privilege to partner with big companies like Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield.
Our McHenry motorcycle shipping services
- Scooter, ATV, trike, and sports bike shipping.
- Insurance coverage for every shipment.
- Motorcycle crating.
- Overseas bike transport.
Talk to us!
Ring us now at 1-800-452-2880 to inquire about moving your bike for the first time. Our agents and representatives are available 24 hours, seven days a week, to guide you at each stage of the shipment.