If you ask a bike owner who has hired a shipper for their bike shipment before, they will tell you that locating a good motorcycle shipping company in Lombard is hard. It takes a lot of research, consultations, and comparisons. You will spend several man-hours for a couple of days perusing WebPages before zeroing in on the perfect shipper. This is understandable since you do not want your pricey or brand-new bike to get damaged before you can lay your hands on it. Friends will be resourceful to recommend an ideal shipper. The long and weary search will come to a stop when you find A-1 Auto Transport. We have pitched tents in all villages in the US and several countries to ensure your bikes are delivered to any place that you want.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open carrier shipping: Open transport utilizes non-enclosed trucks and lowboys to move motorbikes. We use this method mainly for short distance shipping.
- Enclosed shipping: We own specialty trucks for long distance shipments. There are several security features you will find in these trucks. With these, you are sure that the bike will be delivered securely.
- Crated motorbike transport: We use box-like structures that are made from softwood. The boxes are slated and have a pallet at the bottom.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Wash the bike of all grime and stains before the shipper comes.
- Reduce the gas in the fuel tank to around a 1/4. By doing this, the weight of the bike and shipping charges will be reduced.
- Inflate the tires of the motorcycle before packing and loading on the trailer
- Remove the battery if you are using the crated method. Wrap and place it in a safe box and label it correctly. If the acid spills on your bike, it will cause damage especially on the surfaces.
- Remove the alarm device and ship it in a more secure container.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Browse the company’s website and click on the testimonials’ webpage. Read through the experiences of bike owners who have used their services before. Hire the shipping company only if the reviews are positive.
- Ask for quotes from many shipping companies. The shipping quotes should be free of charge and with no obligation attached. Be on the lookout for unrealistic quotations. For instance, extremely low and very high shipping estimates. Pick the hauler offering quotes you can afford.
- You should be able to access the offices of the shipping companies you are vetting. They should exist in your location and that of the recipient. This means that you can go to their offices whenever you need them for an urgent enquiry.
- Check the registration details. The shipping company must be in possession of signed and approved permits and licenses. Have a keen look at the signatures and seals to make sure they are genuine.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We offer upfront and honest shipping services to all. The details we give you after an inquiry is nothing short of the truth. Also, if there is an issue during transport, we will let you know in advance.
- We have a comprehensive insurance policy. From pick up until delivery, your motorcycle will be covered against perils such as fire, accidents, and theft. We bear the burden of following up with the insurer if your bike gets damaged while in our hands.
- Better Business Bureau is a platform that helps customers know the reputation of shippers. We are highly rated, so be sure that our services are worth hiring.
- We have a pool of experts from different professions to make sure you have a stress-free moving. These professionals include financial engineers, truck operators, bike handlers, and customer care experts.
- Our twenty-five years of experience has been a huge milestone. We have managed to ship bikes to and from the village of Lombard, other different states of America, and overseas nations.
Our Lombard motorcycle shipping services
- Non-paid motorcycle storage. The storage service allows you to complete other businesses and pick the bike when ready.
- National shipping. We can facilitate transport of motorcycles in all villages, towns, cities, counties, and states in the USA.
- Doorstep delivery. You don’t have to bring the bike as we can pick it up from your home or office.
- International transport. Whether you want to export or import a bike, we are available to facilitate every shipment.
Talk to us!
If you have had bad times after hiring bike shippers before, then we could bring back the joy. We have the safest security measures to make sure your motorcycle is safe with us. For consultations and bookings, dial 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the online form.