Thousands of individuals, inclusive of motorcyclists, move to and from Palos Hills throughout the year. Because of this high rate of movement, professional motorcycle shipping services are required. As a result, many shipping companies have emerged.
These bike owners are moving to live with their families, start businesses in Palos Hills or go for vacations in overseas countries. Regardless of your reason for moving, you will need to find the safest and most affordable means to move your motorcycle.
You can find reliable shippers in the USA like A-1 Auto Transport Inc. You do not have to struggle; we need you to call us and get booked for shipping instantly. Our truck drivers will avail themselves at your doorstep and pick up your ride. You can be left back at home relaxing or even sorting out other issues.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Transport via air. Choose this motorcycle hauling option if you want your bike to be shipped from any foreign country to Palos Hills within a few hours. You will enjoy the fastest shipping method but also pay more than the rest of the options.
- Shipping via water. You will spend less on bike shipment when you choose water transport over air shipping to move bikes from overseas countries to the USA.
- Transport via rail. Under inland shipping, there is a very convenient method of shipping – rail transport. Benefits of this method include zero traffic jams and low shipping fees.
- Hauling via road. This is the most hired inland shipping service in the USA. This is because customers can request to have their bikes delivered to any address; their homes, offices, or recipients’ address.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
You can have a stress-free bike shipment! It is all about choices. The hassle-free experience will be felt if you take your time to prepare the bike ahead of shipping. Below are handy tips we usually give our customers to use during motorcycle preparation:
- The necessary paperwork should be taken care of ahead of transportation. This is done by filling out and signing documents and organizing them orderly. If there are documents that should reach the recipient, duplicate them and be sure to ship these together with the motorbike.
- Wash your motorbike carefully and ensure all dirt is cleared.
- Look for damaged parts on your motorbike. These could have dents, paint chippings, or dings. Ensure you document them.
- Unscrew all brittle bike accessories and have them packed securely in casings before shipping.
- Ring your motorbike expert to come and inspect the engine. You can note down the faults or have them fixed.
- Use a certified voltmeter to check if the bike battery is adequately charged.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Below are practical tips that every bike owner can use when looking for a motorcycle shipper to make sure the bike is shipped securely:
- Ensure that the Better Business Bureau has authorized the shipping expert to conduct business. Also, confirm if the shipper’s details appear on BBB’s website and if they are highly rated. Don’t ship with a shipper whose rates are below B+.
- Make sure that the company has invested in an insurance policy. Haulers that cover bikes against various perils have customers’ desires at heart, and they ensure that you are convinced they will take great care of the cargo from pick-up until delivery.
- The shipper should also see to it that you receive compensation if the motorcycle is damaged before they deliver it.
- Confirm that your shipper holds legal permits and certificates. All the licenses issued by the authorities should be genuine and bear authentic signatures and seals.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our shipper will see to it that your motorbike remains safe all through by handling it using the most appropriate equipment. We use this high-end equipment from loading to shipping and offload of the cargo.
- The crew that takes care of the bike shipments is professional. Our shipping experts have trained all the members of the team. We mainly hire shipping agents who own motorcycles since they are aficionados of bikes and have the basic understanding of how bikes should be handled.
- A-1 Auto Transport has been shipping bikes around the world for around 27 years. There is nothing about motorcycle shipping that we do not know. We have gained an excellent knowledge in shipping all types of motorcycles too.
Our Palos Hills motorcycle shipping services
- National and international motorcycle shipping.
- Insured motorcycle shipping.
- Free bike storage.
- Door-to-door delivery.
Talk to us!
Give us a call using our toll-free number; 1-800-452-2880, and we will tell you exactly what you need so as to have your bike shipped to Palos Hills.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.