Under some circumstances, it is advisable to have a bike transported by a mover. The situations under which it would be necessary to hire motorcycle shipping services are:
- Taking a bike for repairs at a garage.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Delivering a bike to the address that an owner is relocating to.
- Shipping a bike safely when there are harsh weather conditions, making it too risky to use the bike.
- Avoiding the wear and tear caused to bikes by extensive use.
- Delivering a bike to the purchaser's address after it has been sold.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
We provide you with different transport options so as to enable you to have your bike shipped according to your preference and budget. The methods of motorcycle shipping available are:
- Air shipping, available at the most expensive rates but offers the fastest means of transportation.
- Water shipping, which is an alternative to air shipping when transporting bikes overseas. Although it is a slower method of transportation, it provides a more affordable option.
- Road shipping, which is a popular means of transportation. It is commonly used when making deliveries to various addresses.
- Rail shipping, which offers reliable delivery of bikes in which you can have the bike transported to the destination with minimal delays.
The delivery options are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal services.
How to get a bike ready for shipping
To ensure that the bike will be in a condition fit for shipping, you ought to check the engine and the level of the fluids and ensure that they are at acceptable levels. The additional preparation activities include removing the motorcycle accessories and cleaning the bike, after which you should inspect it and take good photos if it from different angles. If you are shipping the bike in a crate, you ought to drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Traits of a good motorcycle shipping company
To choose a good motorcycle mover, you ought to have the following traits in mind:
- The experience that the company has, especially in shipping bikes to Rolling Meadows.
- The reputation of the company, as displayed by the ratings and reviews as well as the approval from the Better Business Bureau.
- The safety provided, which can be determined if the company has minimal cases of mishandling reported and is registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- The provision of a comprehensive insurance cover.
- The provision of a variety of shipping options.
What makes us the best choice?
The reasons as to why we are the best mover to transport your bike include:
- We possess relevant experience and knowledge in shipping bikes using the best practices, ensuring that you can have your bike delivered in good time and more importantly, in perfect condition.
- We have a team that provides you with the best service, ensuring that you get all the support that you need through the entire shipping process. Our support team is available on a 24/7 basis and they provide you with real-time feedback. They ensure that your needs will be understood and acted on with precision.
- In the event that any damage will be caused to your bike, we ensure that you will be compensated for this. We have an insurance cover that is comprehensive; you are protected against various damage-causing perils.
- We have a customer-centric approach and ensure that you get the best experience. Payments are processed with ease on a secure platform and your shipping request will be acted on as soon as possible. Additionally, your bike will be handled safely and you can expect to have it delivered in perfect condition.
- Over the period that we have been in operation, we have gained a good reputation and our clients are pleased with the services that we offer. Many have left positive ratings and reviews about us and also choose to hire us repeatedly whenever they have a shipping need. They also refer more clients to us, showing that we are their trusted choice.
The available Rolling Meadows motorcycle shipping services
We avail the following Rolling Meadows motorcycle shipping services: safe, affordable and reliable shipping options such as enclosed transport, open-air transport and crated transport. Additional services which are provided are insurance coverage and storage services. We ensure that all services are delivered in the most effective way possible for you to get the best from them.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you require more information on our motorcycle transport solutions and if you would like to be issued with a quote. The number to dial is 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.