Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
In some situations, it becomes necessary to transport a bike instead of riding it to the destination. Such situations include when a purchased bike ought to be delivered to the address of the buyer or when a bike owner is relocating. A bike owner may also prefer to have a bike shipped so as to avoid the wear and tear of its parts due to long distance travel. Biking enthusiasts may also require motorcycle shipping services to have their bikes delivered to the location at which the motorcycle event is scheduled to take place. Additionally, a bike which is being salvaged or meant to be taken to the garage ought to be handled with care.
The available methods of motorcycle shipping
The motorcycle shipping methods that we use in the transportation of a motorcycle include:
Shipping via rail. The bike is secured in the coach on a train. The delivery time is expected to follow the train company’s schedule and it does not have any delays.
Shipping via water. The bike is ferried from port to port on a cargo ship. The delivery time may be dependent on the conditions at sea and the efficiency with which the customs department will clear the bike.
Shipping via road. The bike may be transported in the open or in a container. Our drivers may ship the bike on a flatbed truck, an open truck or on a motorcycle trailer.
Shipping via air: The bike is transported in a cargo plane.
The delivery services provided include terminal-to-terminal service and door-to-door service.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The following are the activities that you should do as you prepare your motorcycle for shipping: Check the engine, the fluid levels and the tire pressure. Ensure that the gas level is at a maximum amount of a quarter of the tank capacity. Remove the motorcycle accessories and any of your belongings. Ensure that the bike is in good condition and take it to a professional for a maintenance check and repairs. Additionally, you ought to ensure that the bike is in a good condition and also document this. To do this, you ought to clean the bike thoroughly, inspect it and also take good photos of it at different angles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Traits of a good motorcycle shipping company
The transportation of your bike ought to be handled by a reliable mover. To ensure that you make a good choice, hire a mover that possesses the following traits: relevant experience in shipping bikes, possession of a valid insurance cover, a good reputation and able to provide safe transport solutions. To determine if the shipping company is able to provide you with safe transport solutions, check if they have Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) numbers.
Why you should choose us
There are many shipping companies which provide motorcycle transport solutions but there are also many reasons why you should choose to ship with us. We are capable of providing you with the best transport solutions and also apply tailored services, where need be. Examples of our highly reputable tailored services include Harley-Davidson shipping and classic motorcycle shipping. We also ship bikes in a highly reliable manner to events such as the Sturgis bike week. We provide you with safe transport solutions and you can rest easy knowing that your bike is in safe hands. All our high-quality services are provided at the best prices that you can get. You also get value for your money because the benefits of hiring our services greatly outweigh the costs. We have vast experience in shipping bikes to various destinations. You can have your bike transported to Lyons in good time since our drivers are familiar with most routes. Additionally, you can have your bike stored at our facilities as you plan to pick it up.
The available Lyons motorcycle shipping services
We avail the following Lyons motorcycle shipping services:
- Crated shipping, which ensures that the integrity of the bike will be maintained since it will be shipped in a crate.
- Open-air shipping, which is an affordable shipping option that is a popular choice among many clients.
- Enclosed shipping, which is a reliable shipping option that offers a higher level of security for the bike and it more expensive compared to open-air shipping.
- Storage services, whereby you can have your bike stored safely at our facilities.
- Insurance coverage, which ensures that you can get the best protection against the damage that may be caused by various perils.
- Shipping guidance, whereby you are given detailed information and advice on how to make your move a success. We also explain how various motorcycle laws may affect your move.
Get in touch
Please feel free to get in touch with us. You can have a chat with our agents on the number 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory