Safe And Reliable Rock Island Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The shipping of bikes is a requirement which comes up when some situations arise. These include the transportation of a motorcycle to the address of a purchaser, to the address to which a mover is relocating and to the location at which a biking event is to take place. Additionally, a bike may have to be shipped when adverse weather conditions pose risks if a bike is ridden to the destination. A faulty bike will also have to be transported to the mechanic for it to be fixed. Motorcycle shipping services are mainly hired so as to ensure that a motorcycle will be transported safely and reliably.
Motorcycle shipping methods
The following are the methods of transportation that we use to move your bike.
- Shipping via rail: The bike is reliably shipped from one location to another, which are supported by rail transport. The bike will be delivered with minimal delays.
- Shipping via road: The bike is transported on a flatbed truck, open truck or motorcycle trailer. Our team of drivers delivers the bike to the address or terminal indicated.
- Shipping via air: The bike is delivered as quickly as possible in a cargo plane.
- Shipping via water: A cargo ship is used to deliver a bike to the receiving port.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
A bike has to be prepared well before it is shipped. This activity helps in ensuring that the bike will be in good condition, easing the ability of the mover to handle the bike and ensuring that the safety precautions have been taken. The preparation activities will include checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the tire pressure. Ensuring that the gas is at a maximum amount of a quarter of the tank capacity is also required of you. If you have selected the crated shipping option, the additional preparation activities include draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery. Cleaning the bike thoroughly by washing away the dirt and debris and also removing the deposits from the tires should be done. Documenting the condition of the bike while doing an assessment of its condition should be done by making a report and taking photos of the bike.
What to consider as you search for a shipping company
As you are searching for a moving company, you should pose some questions so as to determine if the mover will provide you with reliable shipping solutions. These include:
- Is the company insured?
- Does the mover have relevant experience in shipping bikes and more specifically to Rock Island?
- Does the mover have a variety of shipping options available for hire?
- Does the company possess the valid documents?
- Does the company have a good reputation?
What makes us a better mover compared to the rest
A-1 Auto Transport is a better shipping company compared to the other movers because of the following reasons:
- We have been in operation for more than two decades and have a good understanding of what needs to be done so as to make a successful move.
- We have a team of experts who handle your requests and your bike and thus, you can be sure to have your needs understood and your bike handled with care.
- We make our shipping processes easy for you to follow through. You can contact us with ease and have a detailed quote issued to you. The delivery of your bike is also done effectively and you are availed with tracking information which provides you with real-time updates on the progress of your delivery.
- We have taken measures to ensure that your data will be kept private. We are VeriSign secured and the communication shared with us shall be encrypted.
Our Rock Island motorcycle shipping services
We provide different Rock Island motorcycle shipping services that can help in meeting your shipping needs. These include:
- Enclosed shipping. This shipping option is more secure but costlier compared to open-air shipping.
- Open-air shipping. This is an affordable shipping option that offers less security to the bike.
- Crated shipping. This is a secure shipping option which ensures that the integrity of your bike is maintained. Since the bike is not handled directly as it will be in a crate, the bike will not be harmed. The pallet base is reinforced so as to withstand the weight of the bike.
- Storage services: In the event that you need reliable storage solutions, you can count on us to hold your bike securely.
- Insurance coverage: The bike will be covered by the comprehensive insurance policy that is in effect.
Get in touch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.