Safe And Reliable Shorewood Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport has transformed the bike shipping scene with advanced technology, excellent customer service, and provision of affordable bike transport options. We offer our services in the Village of Shorewood, the greater Illinois, and overseas countries. Some of the shipping needs we receive daily are such as:
- Shipping motorcycles on behalf of ailing motorcyclists.
- Moving bikes to bike riding events since the federations required the participants to ship their bikes rather than riding them to the venue.
- Transportation of motorcycles to distant garages for repairs and upgrades.
- Helping bike riders with shipping bikes to the needed locations when the weather is harsh.
- Delivering bikes to clients who have acquired them on websites such as eBay or Alibaba.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Air transport. Shipping bikes via air offers the users many benefits. If you are transporting your bikes to overseas destinations, they will be delivered quicker than with other methods. Also, air transport offers high-security
- Sea transport. Transporting motorcycles by sea is a convenient method especially when you are importing or exporting many bikes internationally. This is because water vessels can carry many bikes at low costs.
- Road transport. Bike shipping via road is the most flexible alternative for both local and international transport. The road transport option is normally efficient and prompt. Another benefit of using this method is the widespread road grids and private delivery abilities.
- Rail transport. Transporting motorbikes via trains is not only effective but also pocket-friendly. You can move many bikes between states at low costs. Train transport is eco-friendly, unlike other transport solutions.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The first step to take is to give your bike a thorough wash. Be sure to complete the cleaning exercise ahead of the shipping date. After the motorcycle is clean, it is time to check for pre-existing dents, scratches, marks, and paint chips. Make a record of the existing damages.
After documenting and dating the damages, take photos of the bike. Make sure that the images have date stamps of every noticeable damage. Store these and carry them when collecting the bike after shipment. With these evidences, the carrier cannot dispute any new dents that might have occurred during transit.
Minimize the cases of theft by making sure your personal items are secure. Detach all aftermarket accessories and remove the toll tags too. Leaving your toll tag on the bike means that you are charged each time your bike passes through a toll.
Remove or deactivate the alarm devices before packing your bike. Imagine the struggle the shipper must go through if you have crated the bike and the alarm goes off mid-journey.
If there are motorcycle accessories on your bike that are wobbly and can be unscrewed, be sure to secure or detach them. Fold in the side-view mirrors.
If the motorcycle is unroadworthy, remember to inform your shipper during booking so that they can make the needed preparations.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Find out about the presence of your shipper. They should have offices in your village.
- Ask for the licenses and permits issued to your shipper by the authorities. Confirm their authenticity before hiring the shipper.
- Inspect the quality of the handling equipment used by your shipping partner. They must handle your motorbike with equipment exclusively designed for motorcycle transport.
- Find out how long the shipper has been in the hauling industry. Always pick the shipping company that has the highest level of experience. The experience of your company should not be below 15 years.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer transit insurance cover for all shipping assignments. You should remain calm all through the shipping knowing that if an accident occurs while your bike is in our hands you will get full compensation.
- At A-1 Auto Transport Inc. you will find many shipping methods. All our methods are safe and the prices are affordable too. We will help you pick the method that best suits your transport needs.
- You will not find such incredible rates elsewhere. Our shipping fees are dependent on the market rates. Another benefit of shipping with us is that you can negotiate, unlike other shippers where prices are fixed and non-negotiable.
Our Shorewood motorcycle shipping services
- Enclosed and open-air motorcycle transport.
- Complete client satisfaction.
- Real-time motorcycle transport.
- Quick, free, and no-obligation motorcycle shipping quotations.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.