The joy of riding your motorcycle might be cut short by some factors you cannot evade. During such times, the help of a shipping company will be vital. These factors include:
- When the weather conditions are severe, operating your motorcycle on the highway puts you at the risk of having an accident.
- If you are ill and the medication you are taking might cause drowsiness while riding.
- The bike might be faulty, for instance in the engine or the mechanical systems. The only way to take your bike to a repair expert is by hiring a shipping service.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Air shipping method. Moving your bike from Lake in the Hills to another nation will be quick if you select air transport. Despite the high shipping fees, you will get the best out of the shipping method.
- Enclosed truck shipping. This is the shipping method that provides customers with the heightened security of their motorbikes from rain, vandalism, and other possible damaging factors.
- Water shipping. Shipping bikes to overseas locations has never been easier. The bikes are packed in containers and loaded on ships for transportation. One significant benefit of using water transport is the ability to move many motorcycles at a go.
- Open-air transport. Using open trucks for your bike shipment is relatively cheap. When you are shipping bikes to the neighboring county, there should be no cause of alarm.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
When planning for a bike shipment, usually the shipper offers you the guidelines comprising of the tasks you must do before the shipping date. Here are the simple instructions several companies provide.
- First, examine your motorbike for damage. By recording the state of your ride, you will prevent issues, especially when making indemnity claims.
To check for and document dings and dents:
- Thoroughly wash the entire bike.
- Make a report of what you can observe. Include cosmetic chipping and scratches if any.
- Note down any mechanical flaws.
- Take images of your motorcycle at various angles, together with detailed pictures of present damages.
- When your shipper arrives at the pick-up point, hand over all the dated records.
- Unless you are crating your scrambler, you do not have to detach the battery.
- Unscrew all motorcycle accessories from your bike as the hauler is not liable for them. If these get damaged, you will not get compensated.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Be sure to vet about four shipping companies and ask for quotations. The quotes can be received on the phone or by using the estimator tool. However, one-on-one deals are the best as you can gauge these companies on a personal basis. The rates are dependent on the bikes’ weight, current gas prices, and distance. Discard all estimates that are significantly lower than the market price.
- Handling machinery. Make sure your motorbike is belted on a specialty skid using heavy duty straps. Skids are generally safe equipment to ship a bike as handling is reduced and there is a barrier between the bike and the trailer floor. The transport trailers should also have air ride features to diminish the vibrations related to bike transport. climate-control apparatus fitted in the trucks are also excellent for transporting during the winter season.
- Motorbike tracking. Many haulers in the USA will not provide customers with online tracking. This is a very important feature that your shipper should include in the packages. You can trace the whereabouts of the vehicle shipping your bike any time you want.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We offer different options for bike shipping. Any method you choose should be within your budget and one that matches your precedence.
- All our handlers have been trained on how to handle motorbikes with care and in a professional manner.
- We use the latest set of equipment to handle motorbikes. This is in a bid to ensure the bikes are delivered in showroom state.
Our Lake in the Hills motorcycle shipping services
- The door to door transport. This is among our most convenient services. If the trucks cannot reach your doorstep, you will be needed to collect the cargo at a nearby store or landmark.
- Insurance coverage. Your bike is in the safest hands thanks to our insurance policy. If your bike is damaged in any way during transit, you will receive full compensation.
- Non-enclosed and enclosed truck shipping.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.