Lansing – the Southern Suburban, low population village famous for bike riding and truck driving events. Despite the fact that it is close to USA’s third largest city, shipping goods around can be a difficult task to do. Say you are shipping your motorcycle; you would have to factor in transportation costs then look for a big enough container to safely package it. You don’t have to do that. Just get in touch with A-1 Auto Transport and get shipping services throughout Lansing to wherever you need your motorbike.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Here is a detailed look at some of the transport methods we use:
- Open-air Transport
This is the least expensive shipping method of transporting your motorbike. We will safely load your motorbike in a trailer that has no roof. The driver will have the perfect visibility of your bike while it is in transit.
- Enclosed Transport
If you have a highly prized or expensive motorbike, you could go for the enclosed shipping method. You will get the highest security and protection for your motorbike.
- The door to door transport
Despite the additional paperwork involved with door to door transport, it is quite convenient. More so if you don’t have time to take it to and collect it from the shipping company.
- Terminal to terminal transport
This is a favorable shipment option for people who don’t mind picking their bike at a specified date and time and don’t mind traveling to the depots. Your motorbike will be transported to the nearest airport or railway terminal and you can pick it after completing the necessary paperwork.
- Crated Transport
The motorcycle is enclosed in a robust plywood crate and lifted with a forklift onto the moving truck. The truck can handle multiple crates that will be separated with extra cushioning
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Preparation makes it very easy to transport your motorbike. Try and follow through the following prepping guideline:
- For starters, it’s always a good idea to remove all your valuable items from the motorbike storage compartments and secure them. Our insurance policy covers only theft or damage to the motorbike and not any personal items left on the motorcycle.
- Ensure that there are no loose parts. Check all the fasteners and tighten up any loose parts. If your motorcycle shipment will take a few weeks, there will be a significant amount of vibration involved and some parts could fall off the motorcycle.
- Ask if the shipping company will need the keys to move the motorbike while shipping. If they don’t need them, take them out and keep them in a safe place.
- Tires help cushion the motorcycle from damage while in It’s a good idea to ensure that they are all properly inflated.
- After you are done, give the motorbike a good wash and contact the shipping company.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The ABCs of getting the best motorcycle shipping company entails:
We are not looking at the cheapest option; it is the quality of service offered for the price quoted. Some motorcycle shipping companies who deal with a lot of customers offer affordable services while others quote higher rates due to their specialized services.
- Industrial standards
There are certain shipping standards to be met especially for interstate and overseas shipping. You need to ensure that the shipping company adheres to all the regulations.
You need to go for a company that has a vast network of professionals working for them across the USA. That way, you avoid inconveniences like choosing another shipping company to get it to your final destination.
- Safety Records
Visit the shipping company site and carefully read through all their safety certifications. In addition, look into their company values when it comes shipping your motorcycle.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
It is safe to say that with 30 years of experience, motorcycle shipping is nothing new to us. Choosing us as your ultimate shipping company is the safest way to get your motorbike out of Lansing and into a new destination. We will ensure that your motorcycle is protected from perils of the road and you will be assured of insurance coverage throughout transit. The icing on the cake is that our services are quite affordable for a Top-Grade shipping company.
Our Lansing motorcycle shipping services
We offer the following motorbike shipping services in Lansing:
- Door to door moving
- long distance moving
- State to state
- Packing and unpacking of your motorbike
- Loading and offloading
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Are you ready to kiss your riding days in Lansing goodbye? Contact us on 1-800-452-2880 and we can negotiate some cost-effective shipping ways to get your motorbike on the move.