Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Thinking of moving your motorbike in or out of the city of Darien? How long would that take? For starters, let’s factor in that the city of Darien covers only 6.2 sq. miles. If you were to ride the motorbike, you would get deadbeat tired after covering only half of that distance and would probably need to stop at a motel for a break. That is time wasted. So how about you use a motorcycle shipping company that serves the city of Darien like A-1 Auto Transport? Shipping drivers are only permitted by the international shipping laws to cover 500 miles per day and make six drives per week. That is more than enough to get your motorbike out of the city. We can have your motorcycle at the desired destination in a week or less.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air transport
This entails open truck shipping of a motorbike that is tightly adjusted on a flatbed to prevent slipping.
- Enclosed transport
For maximum security and privacy, we use an enclosed auto trailer to protect the motorbike from potential damage that trees, rocks, other vehicles or weather may cause. What’s more is that the item you are moving is kept secret from the public.
- Door to door transport
Most customers prefer this mode of shipping since it is hard to move their motorbikes with a low fuel level. However, we would like you to bear with us if your place is inaccessible due to dead ends, low-hanging branches, restrictions on large trucks or narrow streets; we can arrange to meet in a nearby parking lot.
- Terminal to terminal transport
Our drivers will leave your motorbike at a convenient railway or airport terminal where you will arrange for pick-up.
- Crated transport
Your motorbike will be rolled into a wooden crate then fastened with strong straps to keep it in place.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Apply for an insurance cover for the motorbike
- Wash the motorcycle
- Inflate the tires
- Unlock the steering wheel
- Lock the handlebars
- Fold in the side mirrors
- Take pictures and write down a dated report on the mechanical issues of the motorbike
- Review the motorcycle shipping contract. Ensure it describes everything you want to be done with your motorbike.
- Call up the shipping company and confirm the date and time they will pick up your motorbike
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
You need to have the best in the business when it comes to shipping. Shop around for the following:
Once you contact numerous shipping companies, the quotes will start trickling in and you have to contact each carrier and ask them questions on the quote. Ask them what their services entail, their delivery time and auxiliary services provided.
- Carrier profile
Each shipping company has their own profile in the transport industry which includes customer feedback and safety records. Look out for deficiencies, that is, where they fail to give their safety credentials or to mention that they are licensed and bonded.
The shipping company’s website will typically have a gallery of the type of equipment they use. It is up to you to research on whether the trucks and containers they use are up to standard and if they are ideal for transporting your motorbike.
- Online reviews
The internet provides a world of knowledge and besides researching the customer reviews on the shipping company’s website, we suggest you take your search up a notch. On your browser, type in ‘negative/cons of whatever shipping company’ and check on what comes up. There is a lot of truth in those hidden reviews.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We want all residents of Darien to feel comfortable with the type of services we provide. Whether you bought a motorcycle from the other side of Chicago and would like it to get into the city, or are trying to move your motorbike out of Darien, we got you covered. We are the best motorcycle shippers with the best prices. We can also get you out of the following quagmire:
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Transporting antique or inoperative motorbikes
- Office/corporate motorcycle relocation
- Shipping your motorbike to college
- Moving your motorbike out of state/city/village
- Out of state motorbike sales/purchases (eBay and Amazon)
- Auction motorcycle relocation
Our Darien motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Get in touch
For more motorcycle shipment details involving the city of Darien, call us on 1-800-452-2880 or take a look at our site for an immediate online quote.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory