Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Motorcycle transportation is a necessary requirement under any of the following circumstances:
- Delivering a bike to the address of the relocating owner.
- Transporting a bike to the address of a buyer as part of the after-sales service.
- Taking a faulty bike to the mechanic for repairs.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Shipping a bike safely when there are adverse weather conditions.
- Avoiding the wear and tear and increased mileage caused by using a bike over long distances.
Hiring motorcycle shipping services is the best way to transport the bike under such circumstances.
The available motorcycle shipping options
To ship your bike, we may use any of the following methods.
Air transport: This is the fastest transport option in which the bike is delivered to the destination in a cargo plane.
Water transport: The bike is ferried by a ship from one port to another.
Rail transport: The bike is transported on a train and the delivery time will be according to the railway company’s schedule.
Road transport: The bike is secured to the vehicle that is used to transport it and our drivers complete the delivery in good time. The bike may be transported on a flatbed truck, an open truck or a motorcycle trailer, which is pulled by a different vehicle.
You can choose to have the bike delivered using either the door-to-door service or the terminal-to-terminal service.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The following are the activities that you should do as you prepare the bike for shipping: check the engine, the fluid levels and the tire pressure. You should remove the motorcycle accessories and your personal belongings and check if the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity. Additionally, you should disable the alarm system and if you are to ship the bike in a crate, you ought to drain the fluids and disconnect the battery. You should also ensure that the bike is cleaned and as you inspect it, make a report and take good photos of it from different angles.
Choosing a mover
The following are the factors that you should consider as you search for a motorcycle transport company:
- Relevant experience in moving bikes, especially in Norridge.
- Trustworthiness of the company, proven by the approval from the Better Business Bureau and the company’s positive ratings and reviews.
- Affordability of the services, which can be determined from the estimated shipping cost stated in the quote.
- Safety standards, as seen through the motorcycle care provided and registration of the company by the United States Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Availability of an insurance cover which will be valid over the period in which you intend to ship with the mover. It should also be a comprehensive cover, providing protection against a large number of damage-causing perils.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What makes us a good choice?
If you would like to have your bike reliably transported, choose us. We offer high quality services that are unmatched and these are available at highly competitive rates that are budget-friendly. Your motorcycle will be in safe hands and you can be sure to get it in perfect condition. We have operations across the USA and this makes it easy for you to transport your bike to different locations, Norridge included. You can also have your bike stored at any of our facilities and have it released whenever you find it convenient. It is possible to get tailored services which meet your specific shipping needs. Examples of such services include our highly reputable Harley-Davidson shipping and the shipping of bikes to events such as the Sturgis bike week. The shipping process is made to be far from complex: you can make payments, contact us and check the status of your delivery, all with relative ease. Your data will be secure and private since we have VeriSign. You can easily trace the progress of your delivery using the tracking information that we avail. The information is relayed via satellite and you can have real-time updates on the delivery.
The Norridge motorcycle shipping services
In order to ensure that your bike may be delivered in a highly efficient and reliable manner, we provide the following Norridge motorcycle shipping services: crated transport, enclosed transport and open-air transport, which are motorcycle transport solutions with varying degrees of safety and prices. Additionally, we provide you with storage solutions and insurance coverage. More importantly, we ensure that you get all the guidance needed to make well-informed decisions and with confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to contact us so as to discuss your move and the best solutions available. The number to dial is 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory