Shipping motorcycles is an act that calls for attention to detail. Only an experienced and professional mover has the required knowledge to ship motorcycles. That said, it is wise that you use their services as they are dependable and have special machinery. The transport firms are also acquainted with the motorbike rules and regulations that control shipping activities in Deerfield and all other cities in the USA. Moreover, professional bike shippers have several branches across America therefore, transporting your motorbike to any address within the US is simple.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Road shipping is the most used transport option in Deerfield because of the good road infrastructure, thus shippers can access many locations.
- Rail shipping. The use of train is an inland shipping method that can be used as the substitute for road shipping. We have special cargo engines equipped with all that is needed for safe bike shipping.
- Air transport. Shipping motorcycle via air is the fastest option among our transport methods. Dealers with urgent orders or owners of exotic bikes will get the best service out of air shipping method.
- Water shipping will be cost effective if you want to move many bikes at once. You should not be in a hurry when using this transport method.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before motorcycle transportation, it is advisable to make sure that the bike is well prepared. You can prep it by:
- Draining the fluids and pumping enough pressure in the tires.
- Doing a maintenance check on the bike.
- Deactivating the alarm system.
- Draining the gas level to around a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Clean your motorcycle, assess the damages on it and record them. The pre-shipping condition of the bike should also be documented.
- Take clear photographs of the motorcycle.
- Removing the battery and draining the fluids if you are using the crating method to transport your motorcycle.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
If you are planning to ship your motorcycle in Illinois soon, it is time you looked for a reliable mover. This shouldn’t be a hard task to do. We have some tips you could use to find a reliable mover.
- Experience. Your transport solution provider should have around 15 years of experience in moving motorcycles. They should also have adequate knowledge of shipping bikes in the USA.
- A good shipping company has insurance coverage in their services. The company that you select to transport your motorbike must have an insurance policy that will have you compensated in case the bike is damaged during shipping.
- Licenses and bonding. Before signing of the shipping contract, make sure that the hauler holds all the documents every shipper is required to have before you give them the shipping job.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
You should hire us for your next bike shipment because;
- We take pride in offering excellent services in Deerfield and that is why we offer our clients the choice to pick bike shipping methods that they see appropriate.
- Our communication system is what makes us stand out from all other shippers. Before commencing the job, we will assign you a transport coordinator who will oversee the shipment. You will exchange contacts and keep in touch until the cargo is delivered. You get to enjoy toll-free calls if you need clarification over the phone.
- We will include insurance coverage in your shipment. We will do our best to ship your bike as it is, and if there are damages on the bike during delivery, we will cater for the repairs. We make claims with the insurer for damages that are costly. You will not exhaust yourself doing follow-up with compensation because we have everything catered for and we will keep you updated all through.
Our Deerfield motorcycle shipping services
- Open-air shipping. This is a cost-effective shipping service to use for short distances.
- Advisory services. These are offered to make sure that clients have all the required information for them to make the right choices.
- Storage services. We have huge facilities where bikes are kept before they are collected by their owners.
Talk to us!
If you are looking for Deerfield’s finest shipper, then you are on the right page. At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer our customer affordable rates in addition to premium perks that no other shipper provides. You can drop us a message anytime you need exclusive bike shipping services. You can also call us at 1-800-452-2880
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.