Moving of motorcycles is an activity that should be handled by experts. It would be better to hire motorcycle shipping services as opposed to making a self-move because moving companies are more experienced and also well-equipped to handle the transportation of bikes. Additionally, they have a good understanding of the various motorcycle laws that govern your move. The movers also take up full responsibility of shipping the bike, thus freeing you up to handle other tasks that you may have to do. Moving companies are also capable of making your move easy, transporting the bike to various destinations in good time and also storing it in the facilities that they have in different locations.
The available motorcycle shipping options
To have your bike shipped, you can select any of the following methods of transportation.
Water shipping: It is a convenient method of transportation when moving bikes overseas, whereby there is no urgency required.
Rail shipping: It is an in-land method of transportation in which the bike is transported to the destination in a cargo train. The delivery time is as stipulated by the railway company.
Road shipping: It is a common method of transportation and used to make deliveries to various addresses.
Air shipping: It is the most expensive shipping option which offers the fastest means of transportation.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The following are the activities that should be done so as to prepare a motorcycle for shipping:
- Checking the engine.
- Removing the motorcycle accessories.
- Checking the level of fluids and topping up the amount where need be.
- Ensuring that the tires are inflated well.
- Inspecting the bike.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery, if the bike is to be shipped in a crate.
- Having a professional to work on the bike, repairing parts and performing maintenance checks.
- Cleaning the bike.
- Taking good photos of the bike at different sides.
Choosing a motorcycle mover
The following are some of the factors that can guide you as you choose a mover:
- Experience in shipping bikes.
- Approval by the Better Business Bureau.
- Provision of different motorcycle shipping methods.
- Capacity to provide tailored services.
Why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport
The following are the reasons as to why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport to handle the shipping of your bike:
- We have high-quality services which are delivered in the most efficient way and availed at the most economic prices. The services are also tailored to suit specific purposes such as handling specific types of bikes or taking bikes to locations at which biking events are to take place.
- We have a good understanding of all the motorcycle laws that govern the use and transportation of bikes to various destinations. As you deliver your bike to River Grove, we advise you on all laws that may influence your move.
- We ensure that you get your bike in perfect condition. The team provides good motorcycle care and our drivers keep checking on the bikes when transporting them so as to confirm that they are secured well.
- Since we have been inspected by both the United States Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, you can be sure that you will be provided with the highest level of safety. We have equipment that enables us to handle your bike with ease and ensure that the movements are made with precision, thereby minimizing the chances of accidents occurring.
- We provide you with the chance to select the shipping option that will suit your needs and match your budget. You can have the bike delivered using any of the shipping services that we provide. If you need to get the estimated shipping costs, you can contact us and avail the information related to your move. Once we have the relevant details, we can provide the quote.
The available River Grove motorcycle shipping services
The River Grove motorcycle shipping services that we provide include:
- Open-air shipping, which is an affordable transport option. However, it provides less security since the bike is exposed while being transported.
- Enclosed shipping, which is a safe shipping option that provides security to the bike by enclosing it.
- Crated shipping, which provides a safe way to transport the bike and minimize it coming into direct contact with people while being transported, thereby maintaining its integrity.
- Storage services, to provide you with reliable holding solutions which enable you to plan the move around your schedule.
- Insurance coverage, which provides your bike with the needed cover in the event that it gets damaged.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you! Please get in touch with us soon by dialing 1-800-452-2880. Our agents are available on a 24/7 basis and they will provide you with all the assistance you need.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.