There is a higher demand for shipping services in Maywood. This has been brought about by an increased purchase rate of motorcycles from overseas and within the USA. As a pioneer in the shipping industry, A-1 Auto Transport has helped many riders with bike shipment. Below are major reasons why riders come to us for bike shipping solutions:
- Shipping of motorcycles on behalf of the owners during relocation. Many riders prefer using another mode to get to the new address.
- Transportation of bikes for holiday-goers who intend to ride on their two wheels during their stay at the destinations.
- Moving bikes that are at risk of tear and wear when ridden too far. These are mainly luxury cruisers.
- Offering shipping services to racers when they want to attend events in overseas countries.
- Helping dealers to import or export bikes from manufacturers and to buyers respectively.
- Hauling inoperable motorcycles to professional mechanics situated in distant regions.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Transporting on the road. We use either closed or open vehicles to move bikes during road shipping. The vehicles include trucks and vans.
- Transporting via water. Dealers prefer using water vessels because the carrying capacity is bigger and the water freight is cheaper than cargo planes.
- Transporting via air. You will get the best out of this transport service if the need for transporting is urgent. We have helped several biking professionals, owners of exotic rides, and veteran army officers move bikes via cargo planes.
- Transporting by trains. You are at a suitable position of saving thousands of dollars by shipping bikes via trains if you live close to the terminus. The shipping fees are lower than shipping via road.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
When you hear of motorcycle preparations, don’t think of rocket science. The actions involved are straightforward and can be completed in a short time. Follow these prepping steps for a faultless bike shipment:
- remove dirt by using water and detergent that is manufactured for bike cleaning.
- Search for all documents required for bike shipping and arrange them accordingly. You are required to issue copies of these to the truck operators.
- You will need to acquire a gap insurance policy and if present, ensure that it is up to date.
- In a well-lit area, check for possible dents on the motorcycle. If present, write them on a sheet of paper. Make copies of the records and give the shipper one.
- Clear images of the motorcycle are required before shipping and during delivery. Make sure you use a good camera to take the pictures.
- Maintenance checks are to be done carefully to make sure that the motorcycle is shipped in a roadworthy state.
- Remove valuable items from the bike before shipping. Insurers and shipping companies will not be held responsible if these get damaged.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The attributes that follow are what your shipper should have before handling your motorcycle:
- The company drivers have good knowledge of all roads in Maywood. During riots or heavy traffic, the driver should be aware of alternative or shorter routes they can use to avoid delayed deliveries.
- Make sure that the shipper has acquired or updated their motor carrier insurance before they can ship your motorcycle. The indemnity coverage should get you compensated in case your bike is damaged while in transit.
- Ensure the methods used for shipping comply with international standards. Also, the methods should be many to allow customers with different likings to choose the option they deem suitable.
- Not all shipping companies are qualified to move motorcycles. Before hiring a shipping service, make sure they specialize in motorcycle shipping. Do not allow the bike to be shipped by household furniture movers or any other type of mover other than an exclusive bike hauler.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We can make an ideal motorcycle shipping company owing to many positive attributes, which are explained below:
- Our security systems surpass your expectations. We have handled many pricey possessions and bikes belonging to our customers. These cost millions of dollars. So, there is a dire need to protect them from damage, vandalism, and theft.
- We hire enthusiastic motorcycle shippers and truck operators. They also have excellent skills in the business because before being posted to various positions, they must receive top-notch training that follows a comprehensive syllabus.
- We are results oriented. We have shipped for Harley Davidson, BMW, and other prominent personnel. They trust us because we proved to them that we could deliver.
Our Maywood motorcycle shipping services
- National shipping.
- Motorcycle storage.
- Complete client
- International shipping.
Talk to us!
We would like to help you with your next bike shipment. Call us at 1-800-452-2880 today for the best rates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.