Zion. The city with premier facilities including the Port Shiloh Pool, Sports Arena, Fitness Studio and the Shepherd’s Crook. The icing on the cake is Zion’s historical museum that has artefacts and furniture dating back to the time the city was founded. It is with great pleasure that A-1 Auto Transport announces our shipping services to the city of Zion. We are a shipping company with a large network across the USA and inclusive of the Lake Counties of Illinois. If you want to move your motorbike to another town, city, state, or overseas country, we got your back.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air and enclosed transport
Your motorbike will be wheeled onto a wooden palate and tightly held down with soft tie-down straps. They will be fixed at the front and rear tires of the motorbike. Alternatively, you could go for enclosed transport where your motorcycle will be completely protected in an enclosed container as it is transported from point A to point B.
- Terminal to terminal and crated transport
This transportation method involves our drivers dropping off your motorbike at one of our shipping yards, storage units or a depot of your choice at the destination point and you can collect it at your own time.
- Crated transport
The motorcycle is safely loaded into a heavily padded wooden crate for shipping. It is the most suitable shipping method for inoperative bikes, antique motorbikes or for an overseas shipment by either sea or air transport.
- Door to door delivery
Whenever you need your motorbike delivered to a specific destination, we can get it there.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Clean the motorcycle.
- Check the brakes.
- Check the steering and ensure that it is mobile. The shippers need it to be mobile in case they have to move your motorbike.
- Draft a well-dated report on all the pre-existing damages on your motorbike. Take photographic evidence.
- Disable the alarm.
- If you are transporting an inoperative motorcycle, ensure that you inform the shipping company and record the extent of the damages.
- Fix all mechanical problems in the motorcycle
- Seal all the oil and water leaks.
- Inflate the tires
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Ethical values are the foundation of a good shipping company. Ensure that the company is open about their contract terms and everything you will be charged until your motorcycle shipment gets to its final destination. Some companies are fond of pulling up ‘surprise charges’ on customers. Look into their customer reviews and ensure that there are no such complaints.
Look for a motorcycle shipping company with more than ten years of experience in the shipping industry. Motorbikes are special and cannot be handled like other automobiles. An experienced company will most certainly have special motorcycle handling equipment that can protect your bike from damage.
- Notification service
Someone needs to tell you when your motorcycle has arrived at its destination so that you can plan for the pickup. The shipping company should offer at least an email or text notification service or better yet, they should give you a phone call.
- Proof of delivery
The motorcycle shipping company should give you the relevant documentation to show you that they safely delivered the item.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
You shouldn’t have to go through the stressful task of transporting your own motorbike or asking for favors from your friends. Let us do the heavy lifting for you.
We want you to have the chance to:
- Buy any motorcycle that you want no matter how far you may be getting it from.
- Actively participate in all motorsport rallies you want to and be there at every location they are held.
- Relocate your motorcycle as you also move your furniture into another place of residence.
- Have the opportunity to attend or participate in any touring event regardless of where it starts.
- Take your motorbikes with you on any vacation.
You can also count on us when:
- Shipping your motorbike to college
- Transporting your bike out of state/city/village
- Selling/purchasing your motorbike from out of state (Amazon/eBay)
- Auction motorcycle relocation
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Shipping antique, unique or inoperative motorbikes
- Office/corporate motorcycle relocation
Our Zion motorcycle shipping services
Active Zion motorcycle riders can enjoy any of the following services:
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Get in touch
Call us whenever you need your motorcycle shipped out of Zion on 1-800-452-2880. Check out our site and drop a few questions or comments for us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.