Having your motorcycle moved by a reliable motorcycle hauler in Woodstock is such an alleviating process. You want a transport service provider who has a good grasp of the bike transport art coupled with an experience of many years. We are among the best hauling firms in the USA.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc is a company that offers worldwide shipping services. We began our company over 30 years ago as a man and van company. Clients trust us after finding out that we can deliver beyond their expectations.
Today, we have branches in many countries and we handle bikes using only certified and modern facilities, for example, air ride trucks, lift gates, and soft ties.
Our success is facilitated mainly by our staff. They are always united as a team and will take great care of bikes and tasks assigned to them.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open truck shipping. We utilize lowboys and non-enclosed trailers to transfer bikes within Woodstock and the larger America. Our trucks accommodate over 1000 bikes; hence, it is cheaper to move many motorbikes in one trip.
- Enclosed truck moving. We own specialty trucks with watertight features. They are suitable for moving motorbikes in American and to other nations. External elements such as severe weather and road debris are prevented from damaging the motorcycle.
- Crated bike moving. Wooden crates are available to protect your motorbike from damage. We have designed them with a barrier around the bike to prevent scratches and dents while on the move. We crate bikes that are exotic or those that are needed to be delivered in showroom condition.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Many shippers will assume that as a bike owner, you already know the bike preparation steps to complete before shipping. To be sure of what is needed, ask your shipper about their preparation steps. However, below are the most recommended steps:
- This process normally starts with a once-over, noting down any noticeable damage on the bike like fluid leaks, scratches, and dents.
- The next step involves crating and packing your ride. Here, you should tighten the loose motorcycle accessories or remove them. Shield the bike from movements, shocks, and bumps by using protective coverings and cushions.
- Remove the battery, drain the oil, gas, and all other dangerous fluids. This will ensure that there are no spills that can cause damage to your ride.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Pay attention to the services. Be sure to call the shipping firm you want to book with. Discard any shipper from your list if bots receive your call. Keep only shippers with humans answering calls.
- Insurance policy. Make sure the insurance coverage is offered by the shippers you are vetting. You should know if the coverage is primary or secondary. Find out if your bike shipment will have comprehensive or limited insurance coverage. Be sure what risks are covered by the insurance policy too.
- Make sure that the hauler that you hire is bonded and certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Motorcycle shipping companies in excellent standing entail license numbers such as the DOT and MC numbers.
- Consider the timing. Confirm the shipper’s availability for cargo loading and in-transit approximations. Shipping firms might offer lower shipping fees bearing in mind that they will lure you only to offer poor quality services for a few weeks or months. Reliable shippers want to have a long-term partnership with clients; hence, they will offer topnotch shipping services.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- At A-1 Auto Transport, we rely greatly on equipment to handle different motorcycles. All our handling machinery has been acquired from manufacturers who observe world-class standards. The equipment is exclusively used to move two-wheels and not four wheels or any other transit goods.
- Prior to placement to different positions, all fresh employees pass through a compulsory shipping school. In the academy, the recruits get teachings about the vital proficiencies in addition to the newest trends. Prevailing teams join other training programs that are introduced when the laws, terms and conditions, and technology change.
- A-1 Auto Transport Inc. has specialists who help customers when they are stuck with their shipments. Our shippers will also assist in selecting the most suitable shipping methods. The shipping consultants can tailor services to suit our clients’ needs. We will customize a transport package that is rewarding to your pockets.
Our Woodstock motorcycle shipping services
- National and worldwide bike transport.
- Enclosed truck shipping.
- Non-enclosed trailer shipping.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage.
Talk to us!
Get in touch with us today! Select the method that is available – Skype and phone calls or even onsite chatting. We will listen to you and offer tailored solutions. Get your free shipping quotation when you call us on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.