Mattoon Motorcycle Shipping
Safe And Reliable Mattoon Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Hiring a good motorcycle shipping company in Mattoon is a sure way of transporting your motorcycle safely to another location. Do not settle for just any shipper. Find a shipper with significant experience and reasonable prices. The shipper should have the capacity to offer solutions to dire circumstances like:
- Severe weather. Riding in such weather poses serious risks to the rider. For instance, bikers riding in hailstorms can get serious injuries.
- During a road crash, the bike might get destroyed to the extent that it cannot operate. You will have to hire a shipper to transport it to a mechanic.
- Poor roads are leading causes of damage to luxury motorbikes. The road debris might get stuck in the joints and cause damage.
- Tear and wear is another nightmare for bikers. Shipping will help to avoid this.
- Bad health. Riding a motorcycle when ailing poses the risk of getting involved in a road accident. It is recommendable that you use a shipping service if you are ill.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Rail shipping. The best way to circumnavigate snarl-ups on the roads is by using rail shipping method.
- Air shipping. Bikes get delivered faster to their destinations when shipped via planes. This method will be ideal for persons in the motorcycle-racing profession.
- Road shipping. If you are planning to ship bikes within the US, then road shipping is the perfect pick. You will have the bike picked at your doorstep and transported to the exact address of the recipient without stopovers to switch carriers.
- Water shipping. This shipping option will be best for people in the import and export business. Water method is cheap, especially when transporting several bikes.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Motorcycle shipping is split into several stages. Getting the bike set for shipment is one crucial stage. At this stage, some activities should be completed for the bike shipment to be safe. They include:
- Motorcycle maintenance. Make sure all the mechanical systems of the motorbike are working.
- Motorcycle cleaning. Dirt can cause damage if it gets stuck between the joints.
- Checking the pressure in the tires. Tires absorbs shock especially when the shipping auto passes through a rugged terrain; hence you need to pump in enough air.
- Service the engine. The engine is the heart of the motorcycle, so it should be in its best condition.
- Check the amount of fuel. Fuel levels should be lowered to about a quarter of the gas tank. When gas levels are low, the weight of the motorcycle is reduced; thus, resulting to lower shipping fees.
- Disconnect the alarm. Some alarms are very sensitive and will cause a nuisance when triggered. Remove these and ship them in distinct containers.
- Remove the battery from the motorcycle if you are shipping your bike in a crate.
- Draining fluids is another crucial step. Most of the fluids in the motorcycle are either corrosive or inflammable. Completing the step prevents spillage of the dangerous fluids during the bike shipment.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- The duration in which the shipper has been in the industry helps to determine their ability to offer quality services. The average experience of an ideal shipper is 15 years. Below this, you might experience delays or even receive a damaged bike.
- The variety of shipping methods offered by the shipper. A customer should use what they think is the best option for their needs. You will only get the method you prefer from shippers with an array of techniques. They also should tailor the packages to match your requisites.
- The availability of trained personnel. Do not entrust your bike to untrained shippers. Odds are the motorcycle will not reach the recipient or will get vandalized while in transit. Always confirm that the shipper’s staff consists of highly trained members, and preferably, they should own bikes.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our business is approved. A-1 Auto Transport is fully certified to ship scramblers to and from any part of the USA. We have acquired additional licenses from governments of other countries where we move bikes.
- We keep the communication steady. Great flow of communication between shippers and customers builds up trust faster. You will have peace of mind whenever you get assurance from the shipment coordinators that the bikes are in safe hands.
- Our prices are the best in Mattoon. We have discounted rates for customers who hire us to ship bikes to their holiday destinations and back home. Our rates are upfront, and there are no hidden charges. Quotations are also offered for free.
Our Mattoon motorcycle shipping services
- Cost-free advice on transport solutions.
- Motor carrier insurance.
- Crated shipping.
- Toll-free phone calls.
Talk to us!
Bookings, quotations, and advisory services are available round the clock. You are required to speak to us about your needs, and we will give you the best solutions. Our number is 1-800-452-2880.