We understand why you cannot always ride your bike. We are here to help you with the move to any location worldwide. Here is why you need us to transport your bike:
- Moving an acquired motorcycle to the buyer’s domicile.
- Shipping bikes to the stores of dealers increasing their stock.
- Transporting a motorcycle to the site where a biking event is taking place
- Transporting a motorbike to prevent it from wearing out.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Air haulage. This is a quick method of shipping usable for both local and international shipments.
- Water haulage. This method is slow but a cheaper alternative to air method for those transferring their bikes to overseas destinations.
- Rail haulage. This is a mode of inland transport that many bike owners find convenient because of the low rates.
- Road haulage. Many clients opting for in-land shipping choose the road method. this is a method you can use to ship bikes to any geographical location.
These means of transport will vary in fees due to the distance, weight of the bike, and the urgency of the shipment.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The tasks outlined below tell you what you should know about preparing a motorbike for shipping:
- Removing the delicate motorbike accessories.
- Washing the motorcycle.
- Deactivating the alarm gadget.
- Inspecting the engine.
- Draining the bike fluids.
- Inflating the tires.
- Ensuring that the fuel is not more than a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Ensuring your motorbike is in working condition.
- Assessing the bike to see if it has any defects and have them repaired if any.
- Taking clear photos of your bike.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Book a shipper that can offer cargo tracking. The tracking capabilities will aid you to know the location of your bike while it is being transported. The tracking information should be in real-time and unaltered.
- Variety of transport solutions. At times you want to compare the features in various shipping options to find out which is the best bet. Look for a shipper with several options. It is obvious that shippers with one transport service have little to offer and you should not choose those. Under no circumstances should you comprise the safety of your prized possession.
- Legal documentation and registration. During negotiations between you and the shipper, ensure you ask to check their DOT number, signatures on their licenses, and all other necessary registration details. Ensure the permits are inked by officials from the Department of Transport.
- Possession of insurance policies. Acquisition of insurance coverage is a requirement for every shipper by the federal government. The policies protect both the shipper and client. It is unlikely that accidents will occur, and if they do and your bike is damaged, we will make sure you are compensated.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- A-1 Auto Transport has embraced the modern-day technology. We are applying technology is many aspects of shipping from loading, security of the bike, offloading, and bike storage. We have streamlined our services in Troy because of employing technology in our daily tasks.
- Tailored shipping services. Every shipping task laid in our hands becomes a masterpiece during output. We work hand in hand with the customer to fashion the type of services they want until they match their requisites.
- Insurance coverage. We love motorbikes as much as you love yours. We always protect them with insurance coverage. Discard the myths that insurance policies are meant for companies that are careless. We acquire them to get you compensated if a road collision occurs and your motorbike gets destroyed.
- Advisory services are offered to potential customers who want to ship their bikes but are not familiar with how the shipping process is executed. We have in-house coordinators and advice-givers to hold your hand all through until your consignment is delivered safely.
Our Troy motorcycle shipping services
- National and international shipping. We will ship your bikes to all locations you want either in America or in other nations.
- Motorcycle transport. We are proficient in handling all types of motorcycles from ATVs, scooters, and trikes.
- Satisfactory shipping services. We have invested so much in equipment, talent, and many other resources just to see you satisfied.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.