Bikes are best shipped by a skilled shipper who is well equipped and experienced in the moving of motorcycles. Here is why you should hire a professional mover.
- When a motorbike has been bought and transferring it to the customer’s address is needed to complete the sale.
- When a motorbike develops some defects. If the expert is far away, then the bike must be transported for repairs.
- When a motorcycle rider is moving to a new address and wants to use the bike at the new location.
- When a salvaged motorcycle has been acquired and it must be shipped and handled professionally.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Enclosed transport. Hauling in an enclosed truck is an excellent way of keeping the bike safe and having it reach the destination without worrying of any damage happening to it.
- Crated transport. This is a premium shipping method where bikes are packed in a slated wooden box. A pallet is constructed at the bottom in such a way that it holds the bike in place.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The activities that you must complete during the preparation of your motorbike for hauling include:
- Disconnecting your motorbike accessories.
- Deactivating the alarm system.
- Cleaning your motorbike to eradicate the dirt and debris.
- Securing the delicate parts of your motorcycle.
- Inspecting the engine.
- Checking the air in the tires. Examining the fluids and draining those that are inflammable or corrosive.
- Detaching the battery, if you are to transport your motorbike using the crated method.
- Lowering the volume of fuel in the fuel tank.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Tailored services. A pioneer in motorcycle shipping services, such as A-1 Auto Transport, can customize a solution to suit your requisites. We understand safe shipping is all that you need. We will leverage our vast bike haulage experience to help you with unique shipping services.
- The diversity of shipping methods. A professional bike shipper cannot limit you to a few transport options. The shipper should have several methods available so you can pick the best way to transport your motorbike.
- Reasonably priced. The cost of the shipping services offered must match the current rates in the market. The shipper should try their best to use the budget that you have.
- The processes of the firm should be rationalized to ensure a stress-free experience.
- The perfect shipping company should have a good flow of information, revert to your inquiries instantly and provide you with updates about your bike shipment.
- It is recommendable to hire the services of a bike transport company that includes insurance cover in the shipment. The cover should have you compensated if damages happen to the bike during transit.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
A-1 Auto Transport Inc. is dedicated to employing trailblazing technology to see to it that every motorcycle shipment is a success. Our enthusiastic experts have come up with excellent communication and security systems specially built for the maximization of the quality of our services to clients and unmatched customer support.
Our shippers offer you peace of mind during the whole transport process since we provide you instant tracking information of your shipment. We have a devoted team that does their best to confirm you are getting services that are nothing but the best in the industry. We have continually provided customers with reliable transport services, and this is evident on our testimonials page. We are very experienced in providing transport solutions. Our drivers have been touring around the world; hence they know a lot about the road connectivity.
Our Round Lake Beach motorcycle shipping services
- The door to door delivery. Our truck operators are familiar with the roads in Round Lake Beach. They will bring the shipment right to your address.
- Terminal to terminal delivery. The bikes are dropped off and collected at pick-up and drop-off points.
- Open transport. Mostly, open-air shipping is handy when you are transporting the bikes over short distances. Some, however, will hire this service to have their bikes moved to distant areas if the weather conditions are favorable.
- Enclosed transport. All weather elements are kept at bay when you ship your bike in an enclosed trailer.
- Crated This is a standard shipping service that calls for extra work like finding wood and building the crate.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.