Nowadays, majority of people are more cautious and keener when looking for shipping companies. As the economic times get tough, shippers are finding sneaky ways to trap unknowing customers. Finding a Hickory Hills mover with competitive charges will see you making comparisons of several shipping companies.
Low prices are not always the best! In this write-up, we will teach you about safe methods you can use to ship motorcycles. Your budget should be the guiding factor. We will offer free and handy hacks that potential clients can use to ensure the shipper they are hiring is trustworthy.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated shipping. We will take the measurements of the bike and build a wooden crate. We will pack the bike in the crate after prepping it.
- Enclosed transport. Covered trailer shipping is a secure shipping option that we use especially during severe weather. A bevy of security systems protects the bikes.
- Non-enclosed hauling. If the weather and security in the neighborhood allow, we can ship your motorbike on a lowboy truck.
- Containers are the most secure and reliable means to move motorbikes. These can be loaded on any vehicle, plane, or ship. Made from sturdy steel, containers are more durable than wooden crates.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Clean all parts of your ride before shipping.
- Remove all your personal belongings that may be in the storage trunk.
- Service the engine.
- Remove the alarm device and ship it separately. Pack it in a safe container before shipping.
- Lower the gas to about ¼ of the fuel tank.
- Secure motorcycle accessories by covering them with heavy blankets.
- Inflate the tires since they cushion the bike when the truck passes through rugged terrains.
- Leave the gear in neutral and hand in the keys to the drivers.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
We have well laid out characteristics that your motorcycle shipper must have to render them a good hire. They are such as:
- Better Business Bureau approval and rating. Before a motorcycle shipper can be included in the list of approved shippers, BBB’s officers will perform a thorough inspection. So, if the shipper appears on this website, you are sure that they can be trusted. Also, check out their ratings on the same site.
- Legal documents showing the shipper is certified. In the US, shipping motorcycles without a license is a crime, and you don’t want to get entangled in court trials. Ask for the company’s license number and look up their details on the US Department of Transportation’s
- Shipping with a reputable shipper gives you a sense of security. The reputation is built by offering quality services. Satisfied customers will always leave their views, comments, reviews, or ratings on the testimonials page of the shipper. Check these out and if they are positive, then the hauling company is trustworthy.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
If you are reading this, the search for a mover you can trust in Hickory Hills is over. Below are the benefits of shipping with A-1 Auto Transport:
- Damages caused when we are shipping your motorcycles, if any, shouldn’t bother you. Our comprehensive insurance coverage is in place to take care of instances causing damage. The good thing is you will pay a one-time fee after booking, which includes the coverage fee. Moreover, we take the responsibility to ensure you get full compensation.
- You will enjoy a non-complicated transport experience. Our shipping procedures are forthright and easy to follow. Inquiries, bookings, cargo tracking, and communication are relatively simple. What more could you want from another shipper that we cannot offer?
- Many years in the shipping business have honed our skills and scoured our talents. We outshine other shippers at our level by learning from their mistakes and being innovative to meet recent trends and satisfy customers’ desires.
- We offer shipping fees that are affordable to all. Enjoy low rates when you ship with A-1 Auto Transport. Customers can also negotiate or choose a method that matches their budget. Our shippers will guide you on the best way to ship within your budget.
Our Hickory Hills motorcycle shipping services
- Door-to-door delivery.
- Enclosed transport.
- Insured shipping.
- Non-paid motorcycle storage.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.