Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The shipping of bikes needs the expertise of a professional mover so as to ensure that the move is made with relative ease and that the bike will be handled well. The situations under which motorcycles may have to be transported include the shipping of bikes to motorcycle dealers or purchasers, taking a faulty bike to a mechanic and salvaging a bike. Motorcycle shipping services may also have to be hired when it is not possible to use a bike due to adverse weather conditions or when the distance is too long and will lead to the possible wear and tear of its parts.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use in the transportation of bikes to the destination include air transport, water transport, road transport and rail transport. The methods are all highly effective and suitable for different purposes. Air transport is suitable for making deliveries under circumstances in which there is a sense of urgency to have the bike delivered as soon as possible. Water transport is a reliable means of transporting motorcycles overseas. Since it is a slower means of transportation, it is suitable for use under circumstances in which the bike is not expected at the destination urgently. Road transport is the main means of transportation and commonly used to ship bikes to various addresses. Rail transport is an alternative to road transport and is more reliable since it does not have any delays in delivery.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The following are the activities that are done as you prepare a bike for shipping: Checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the inflation of the tires. Ensuring that the gas level is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity, disabling the alarm system and removing the motorcycle accessories and any items hanging loosely from the bike will make it easier for the mover to handle your bike. To document the condition of the bike before it is shipped, cleaning the bike it, inspecting it and taking photographs of it should be done. The preparation of a bike that is to be shipped in a crate will involve draining the fluids and disconnecting the battery.
Searching for a mover
The search for a reliable mover will require you to conduct due diligence so as to ensure your choice will be the best one available. As you search for a mover, look for one that is fully bonded and licensed, insured and also approved by the Better Business Bureau. They should also meet the safety standards and be registered under both the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Additionally, they should have a variety of motorcycle transport solutions available. If you want extra value and convenience to suit your motorcycle shipping needs, you may consider a mover that provides tailored services.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should choose us
The following are some of the reasons why you should choose to hire the motorcycle transport solutions provided by A-1 Auto Transport:
We have experience in transporting motorcycles in a highly efficient manner and we have made successful deliveries to various destinations across the USA, including Winnetka.
We ensure that your bike will be handled well through the entire shipping process and you will get it in good condition.
We have the most competitive shipping rates. Our quotes are issued for free and are free from any obligations.
We provide tailored services in instances whereby you have specific shipping needs. Examples of our highly reputable services include Harley-Davidson shipping and classic bike shipping. We also make deliveries of bikes to various motorcycle events such as the Sturgis bike week.
The available Winnetka motorcycle shipping services
To meet your shipping needs, we avail different Winnetka motorcycle shipping services. All the services are of high quality and are available at affordable rates. They include:
- Open-air transport, which is an affordable shipping option that is suitable for transporting bikes under conducive external conditions since it does not provide any security over the bike against external factors while it is in transit.
- Enclosed transport, which is a protective means of shipping the bike. However, it is more costly compared to open-air transport.
- Crated transport, which is a secure shipping option in which the integrity of the bike is maintained since it is put in a crate while being shipped.
- Insurance coverage, which is a comprehensive policy that ensures your bike will be protected against the various perils it may face while being transported.
- Storage services, which are a convenient option for those who would like to plan the move around their schedule. The bike can be dropped off and picked up when it is suitable for them.
Get in touch
Feel free to get in touch with us. We can be contacted via phone on a toll-free number; 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory