Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Motorcycle transportation is an activity which is best handled by professionals who provide motorcycle shipping services. There are various reasons as to why a motorcycle would have to be moved. These include:
- Taking a bike to the garage.
- Delivering a bike to a purchaser.
- Moving a bike to the address to which an owner has relocated.
- Taking the bikes of motorcycle event participants to the location at which the event is scheduled to take place.
- Ensuring that a bike is shipped safely under all circumstances, including when there are adverse weather conditions.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
We use the following methods to make motorcycle deliveries.
Road shipping: Most common means of in-land transportation whereby bikes are transported to the destination on a flatbed truck, open truck or a motorcycle trailer.
Air shipping: Most expensive and yet the fastest means of transportation. The bike is transported in a cargo plane.
Rail shipping: In-land method of shipping that is affordable and provides timely delivery of bikes using cargo trains.
Water shipping: Convenient and most affordable option used to make overseas shipments. The bike is transported in a cargo ship.
How to get a motorcycle ready for shipping
To ensure that your motorcycle will be in a condition fit for handling and shipping by the mover, you ought to do the following activities:
- Remove the motorcycle accessories attached to the bike and any of your belongings that are on it.
- Disable the alarm system.
- Check the engine.
- Ensure that the gas level is at a maximum of ¼ of the tank capacity.
- Check the level of the fluids.
- Ensure that the tires are well-inflated.
- Disconnect the battery and drain the fluids, if you are shipping the bike in a crate.
- Clean the bike to remove all dirt from its body and deposits from the tires.
- Inspect the bike and make a report on its condition, mentioning the marks and dents it may have on it.
- Take photos of the bike from different angles.
Note: Different shipping companies may have their own conditions that ought to be met before a bike is transported by them. Therefore, you ought to communicate with them so as to find out what is required of you as you prepare your motorbike.
Characteristics of a good motorcycle mover
The characteristics of a good mover include:
Experience – The moving company ought to have sufficient experience in the provision of motorcycle transport solutions.
License – The company ought to possess relevant documents such as certificates and licenses which validate their business.
Insurance – The shipping company ought to have a valid insurance cover which will ensure that your bike will be catered for if damages will have occured during transit.
Approval – The moving company ought to have the approval of various institutions which govern the moving industry. It should be approved by the Better Business Bureau, inspected by and registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should hire us
A-1 Auto Transport is the best company that you can hire to meet your shipping needs because we have sufficient experience in shipping bikes to various destinations in a reliable yet affordable way. We are the trusted mover that you can rely on to move your bike with ease.
We are capable of providing you with safe transport and storage solutions. Our facilities are protected and we use highly-end equipment to handle your motorcycle. Our team is also capable of providing good motorcycle care.
We are VeriSign secured and thus, your communication with us shall be encrypted and secure, keeping your data private.
We are based across the USA and you can have your bike transported to Ottawa with relative ease. Our drivers, who are familiar with most routes, do their best to complete the deliveries in good time. They also ensure that the bike will be received in perfect condition.
Our Ottawa motorcycle shipping services
We provide a variety of Ottawa motorcycle transport options which enable you to have your bike transported reliably. The motorcycle shipping options are open-air shipping, crated shipping and enclosed shipping. We also provide insurance coverage as required by law. If you would need to have your bike held over a certain period of time, we provide reliable and secure storage solutions. We also provide you with advisory and guidance services which help you to make informed decisions.
Get in touch
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to get a quote on the services that you seek or if you would like to have more information on our services. You can dial the number 1-800-452-2880 so as to talk to any of our agents.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory