Safe And Reliable Washington Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Are you looking to relocate to Washington, Illinois? The small city has all key features that could render it a perfect place to dwell in. The residents are very close to one another; kind and caring. Living in such a community will see your kids grow with the spirit of unity.
After you have secured a home in this city you will need to have your household goods, cars, and motorcycles shipped. This moving process should be very easy especially with A-1 Auto Transport’s bike shipping services.
We can handle the entire bike shipment and allow you to move your family members and work on the Illinois relocation paperwork. You do not have to worry about your bike while we transfer it as we have a proven track record and 30 years’ experience under our belt.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open air shipping: This method is convenient and very popular for all motorcycles. Shipping bikes using a lowboy is affordable since the rates are low. You can also move many bikes with this shipping option. Motorbikes shipped on open trailers are exposed to several elements; both road and weather.
- Crated bike shipping: We have perfected the art of building crates for over 30 years. Our shippers will build a protective crate where your bike is packed and strapped with soft-ties. Other features that make our crates stand out are the fiber cushions fixed inside and the perimeter of protection.
- Enclosed truck shipping: We highly recommend the use of enclosed trailers when hauling luxury, classic, and showroom motorbikes. The trucks are fully covered to prevent damaging elements such as road debris and severe weather. Your bikes are safe when you use this method for long-distance shipping.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
After consulting with your shipper, you are given the needed preparation steps to complete before the haulage date. The common preparation steps used by shippers include:
- Finding and arranging the needed documents; that is, receipts of purchase, manuals, and shipping permits.
- The bike’s keys – ignition, trunk, and chain-lock keys should be placed in one bunch.
- Make sure the insurance policy is updated.
- Clean the scrambler and dry it to prevent metallic rust from occurring.
- Check the bike for damages.
- On a notebook, document the present damages – dings, scratches, and discolored parts.
- Use a quality camera to capture the damages and the pre-shipping condition of the motorcycle.
- Maintenance should be conducted by an expert.
- Valuable items in the saddlebags and storage trunks of your bike should be removed and stored in a safe place.
- Any aftermarket, fragile, or protruding bike accessory should be unbolted. Pack these in safe boxes before moving.
- Inflammable and corrosive fluids should be removed from your motorbike.
- Check the fuel levels. Do not ship the bike if the gas is over a ¼ of the gas tank.
- Inflate the rear and front tires until the pressure is enough.
- The battery should be charged before shipping and placed in a separate box if you plan to crate the motorcycle.
- Disconnect the security systems – alarms and GPS gadgets.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Hiring a motorcycle transport service can be mystifying especially if it is your first time. The success of choosing a reliable hauling company lies in the kind of research you do. This is how you find the best fit:
- Before you hire the proposed hauler, ensure they are registered with the relevant authorities.
- Confirm that the shipping service has a noticeable presence in your village. They should have a physical office in Washington and in the city of the recipient.
- Ask to see the licenses and certificates and the shipper must confirm that they are valid.
- Inspect the type of machinery that your shipper has. The equipment must be designed exclusively to handle bikes.
- You must make sure the shipper you are using is experienced. The adequate experience is at least 10 to 15 years.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We have transit insurance coverage for all bike shipments.
- At A-1 Auto Transport, you will find several transport methods and alternatives.
- Our motorcycle shipping prices are unbeatable – low rates.
- All our workers have been trained in the proper handling of bikes.
Our Washington motorcycle shipping services
- Doorstep delivery services.
- Overseas transport services.
- ATV, sports bike, and trike transport.
Talk to us!
Moving your motorbike should not be puzzling. With A-1 Auto Transport’s straightforward shipping procedure, you can be sure that you are getting value for money. If you need more details about our A-1 Auto Transport Inc or a free shipping quotation, kindly feel free to reach out to us toll-free at 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.