The shipping of bikes is an activity which ought to be done with a lot of care. It also requires an expert who can ship the bike to the destination in good time and in perfect condition. The following are some of the situations in which it may be best to hire motorcycle shipping services:
- After the completion of a sale you may need to deliver the bike to the address of a buyer.
- While relocating to a new address.
- While taking a bike to the mechanic for repairs.
- Salvaging a bike.
- When you need to participate in a biking event such as motorcycle rallies or bike weeks.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use include:
Air transport - The bike is shipped to the destination within the shortest time possible.
Water transport - The bike is ferried overseas and the delivery may take a longer time but the service is more affordable.
Road transport - This is a commonly used shipping option in making deliveries to various addresses. Our drivers are familiar with most routes and can deliver the bikes in good time.
Rail transport - It is a shipping option which is used to make in-land deliveries. It is an affordable shipping option and has minimal delays in delivery.
The delivery services available are door-to-door service and terminal-to-terminal service.
Preparation of your motorcycle for shipping
Your motorcycle should be prepared well to ensure that it is in a good condition which enables easy handling to avoid the occurrence of accidents. To do this, you ought to remove your belongings and the accessories attached to the bike, check the engine and the level of fluids. If you want to ship the bike in a crate, you will have to disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
What to consider as you search for a shipping company
The factors to consider as you search for a motorcycle mover are:
Experience - The shipping company should have sufficient and relevant experience in the transportation of bikes to South Elgin.
Validity - The moving company should be running a valid business and possess the relevant documents like licenses.
Quality and variety - The services provided should be of a high quality to enable shipping of your bike in a highly efficient manner. The mover should also give you the chance to hire the best shipping option that will suit your needs from a variety of shipping options.
Safety - The shipping company ought to be able to deliver the bike safely by ensuring that it is received in perfect condition. You can also check if they have Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) numbers.
Reputation - The mover should have gained a good reputation over the period in which they have been in operation. Positive reviews and high ratings will be an indication of how reliable they are in meeting clients' needs.
Why you should hire us
Here are some reasons as to why we are the best transport company to meet your motorcycle shipping needs:
- We have been in operation for close to three decades and have a good understanding and experience in motorcycle shipping. We have improved the quality and efficiency of our services over time.
- We have highly competitive rates and you will be able to find services at prices that fit your budget. To get a quote, avail us with information on your move and we shall issue the quote free of charge.
- Making payments is easy and also safe since we have measures put in place to ensure that your data is kept private. Our site is VeriSign secured.
- We provide tailored services which can meet your specific needs. Some of our tailored services include classic motorcycle shipping and Harley-Davidson shipping.
- We are capable of handling your bike safely since we have a team that is trained in providing good motorcycle care. Additionally, we have machines which meet the current standards of technology and safety thus making safe and precise movements of your bike and preventing any instance of accidents o
Our South Elgin motorcycle shipping services
The South Elgin motorcycle shipping services that we provide include open-air shipping, enclosed shipping and crated shipping. These are highly efficient shipping services which are available at affordable rates. Although they have different features, you can always be sure of having a safe delivery. Your choice will mainly be influenced by the cost and the level of security needed. The additional services that we provide include storage services, insurance coverage and advisory services.
Get in touch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.