For most motorcycle owners, bikes matter a lot to them; they are prized possessions. At A-1 Auto Transport, we know the value that our customers place on the two wheels.
We offer the crème de la crème transport service that satisfies the needs of our clients at the same time upholding a world-class quality from the start to the end of your shipment.
From packing to shipping and delivery, our special care and security are what your motorcycle needs.
We uniquely handle bikes, unlike other shippers. Motorcycles are a special case! We have many shipping options available for the loading process.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air mode. Before loading your bike on a non-enclosed truck, our truck operators will secure it on a tailored ramped skid that we fashioned and use solely for motorbikes.
- Enclosed truck transport. The significant difference between this option and the open-air option is the weather sealing. Enclosed shipping is an all-weather transport mode.
- We use individual metal containers designed for motorcycle haulage. The interior is fitted with chokes that hold the wheels firmly for optimal safety.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
After booking a bike shipment, there are important activities that follow, and they include:
- Remove any bike accessory that can easily break or shatter while the bike is in transit. Examples include the headlight, side mirrors, and helmet.
- Check for possible damages in the engine. Be sure to use a professional mechanic to repair any damage.
- Keep the levels of the fluids at the recommended quantity.
- Lower the fuel in the tank if it is above the quarter mark.
- Inflate the tires to the recommended pressure levels.
- Disconnect all the tracking and alarm devices on the motorcycle.
- Wash the motorcycle thoroughly.
- Look for marks, dents, and discoloration on the ride and record them. You should make enough copies for both the shipper and the receiver.
- Take clear images of your motorcycle to capture its pre-shipping state.
- Remove the battery and keep it safe in another container if you will crate the motorcycle.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Be sure to inquire about payment since every shipping firm will differ from the other. You should use shippers that ask for fees after the shipping truck arrives at the destination. Be on the lookout for firms that lure customers to pick their shipping services by discounted rates only to surcharge them later and those that ask for full payments before shipping.
- Find out the registration details of your shipper. A reliable shipper has licenses issued by the Department of Transport. You should see their US DOT number displayed on the trucks too.
- Confirm the hauler’s insurance coverage. Never assume that if your motorcycle is damaged during shipping the shipper will foot all the repairs and replacements. You need to find out what indemnity the shipper offers for you bike shipment.
- All shipping companies in Mundelein must be approved by the Better Business Bureau. The easiest way to find out if a shipper is approved is checking if they exist on BBB website. If they are present, their ratings should be excellent.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Hiring our services is the best decision you are going to make today. This is due to the unique and exceptional style we use in shipments. Our process of shipping includes:
- We take good care of bikes while in transit. However, there are tracking capabilities if the client wants to know the exact location of their bike. All you have to do is connect your smartphone with our online system.
- Flawless communication. We uphold a very reliable communication trait where we send you updates regarding the shipping at every stage. Your calls are picked up fast and your questions answered by our agents.
- Comprehensive insurance. We want you to remain without any qualms after entrusting your motorcycle to us. Unlike other shippers, our services are covered by a premium insurance policy.
- Use of high-end machinery. Damage to motorbikes is decreased to a greater percent when the bikes are handled with heavy duty equipment. We have invested in these to keep the bikes safe from start to the end of shipping.
Our Mundelein motorcycle shipping services
- The door-to-door transport. Upon request, we can deliver the motorbikes to the required addresses such as customers’ homes and offices.
- Terminal to terminal shipping. We have this delivery service for clients that prefer picking their motorcycles from our pick-up points.
- Instant cargo tracking. A-1 Auto Transport offers satellite-tracking services at no cost. The service utilizes an online interface that is simple to use.
Talk to us!
We can’t wait to receive your call! We want to listen to your needs and offer a practical solution. We can be reached via 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.