Shipping of motorcycles is an activity that ought to be done with care and expertise. This can best be provided by a reliable shipping company. The situations in which a bike may have to be transported are when a motorcycle is being salvaged or it is to be delivered to the address of a buyer or that of a relocating owner. Biking enthusiasts may be attending an event and thus require motorcycle shipping services. Other situations in which it may be better to have a bike shipped include when adverse weather conditions make it too risky to use the bike and when the distance to be covered is too long and would possibly lead to the wearing and tearing of the bike parts.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
We know that the situations that lead to the shipping of a bike are different. The factors that influence such moves include the available budget, preferences and the urgency with which a bike is required at the destination. For this reason, we avail different shipping options such as air transport, water transport, rail transport and road transport. Rail transport has more reliable delivery timelines compared to road transport since the trains reach the terminus at the expected arrival time. While shipping via road, the bike may be hauled on a motorcycle trailer, an open truck or a flatbed truck. The delivery options available are terminal-to-terminal service and door-to-door service. Air transport is the quickest way to deliver bikes and water transport is a slower but cheaper alternative for shipping bikes overseas.
How to get a bike ready for shipping
There are various activities that should be done as you prepare a bike for shipping. These include:
- Checking the engine.
- Checking the level of the fluids.
- Ensuring that the level of the gas is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Ensuring that the tires are well-inflated.
- Detaching your motorcycle accessories and removing your motorcycle accessories.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Inspecting the bike.
- Taking photos of the bike from different angles.
Note: The additional preparation activities required to ship a bike in a crate are disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids. Different motorcycle shipping companies may have their own set of requirements for you to ship a bike with them. Therefore, you will have to clarify what conditions are to be met and prepare your bike accordingly.
Traits of a good motorcycle shipping company
When searching for a motorcycle mover, you ought to look for the best. Therefore, search for a mover that has the following traits.
Experience: A good shipping company is one that possesses relevant experience and knowledge on the transportation of motorcycles.
Validity: The company should possess relevant certificates and licenses.
Good reputation: The company should have received positive ratings and reviews from their clients.
Reliability: The company should be capable of providing reliable services.
Safety: The moving company should be capable of providing you with safe shipping solutions and ensuring that the bike will be received in perfect condition. The mover should also be registered and inspected by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
What makes us the best choice?
When you would like to hire reliable motorcycle transport solutions, A-1 Auto Transport is the best pick because we are able to meet your shipping needs and we have a team that does their best to deliver exceptional services-from customer care, motorcycle care and the reliable delivery of your bike. We operate across the USA and your bike can be shipped to Wood Dale in good time.
Our Wood Dale motorcycle shipping services
The different Wood Dale motorcycle shipping services that we provide include:
- Shipping guidance, which is availed by our team of experts who help you in making guided decisions throughout the entire shipping process.
- Open-air shipping, which is an affordable shipping option but less secure because it exposes the bike to various perils.
- Enclosed shipping, which is a more expensive shipping option but has the advantage of offering more security to the bike while it is being shipped.
- Crated shipping, which is also a safe shipping service in which the bike is put in a crate. To ensure that the crate can withstand the weight of the bike, the pallet base is reinforced.
- Insurance coverage, which ensures that you will be catered to in the event that your bike gets damaged while it is in transit.
- Storage services, which is a reliable solution provided to clients who might need to have the bike held over a period of time as they plan to pick it.
Talk to us
Feel free to talk to us and we shall be able to know what transport solutions will be suitable for your shipping needs. You can reach us on the toll-free number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.