Looking for a place to just kick it and enjoy numerous water recreation facilities? The Village of Fox Lake is the place to be with a grand total of 7,000 acres of water recreation made up of 15 lakes and the Fox River. These make the village a hot spot for a variety of water sports from swimming to skiing and let’s not forget the splendid water boating. However, the water sports will take a back seat to the motorsports when A-1 Auto Transport steps in as go-to shipping company in Illinois. We are mindful of Fox Lake residents that have taken a liking to motorbikes and would like to ship them to various destinations. We are a professional motorcycle shipping company that would love to help you get your motorcycle in and out of Fox Lake.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Domestic motorcycle shipping
- Open-air transport
We suggest using this method if you are moving your motorbike over a short distance as it is more economical. We move your motorcycle on an open trailer but will ensure that it doesn’t slip off during transportation by using modern straps to hold it down.
- Enclosed transport
We suggest using this method for transporting luxury motorbikes over long distances. The motorbike is moved in an enclosed trailer to keep it safe from theft, bad weather and other perils during the journey.
- Door to door transport
You could use this transportation method if you do not want your motorbike to leave the trailer once it has been loaded until it gets to the door at the destination. However, you will be charged extra for this shipping method.
- Terminal to terminal transport
We will ship the motorcycle from a central location in Fox Lake to an intermediate location at the shipping destination.
- Crated transport
Your motorbike could be loaded in a shipping crate made of wood and secured with a palette for shipping.
International motorcycle shipping
- RORO (roll-on roll-off) – We use this method for transporting motorcycles via an ocean route in a large ship.
- Container–We use this method to load multiple motorbikes in a container which is then loaded onto a ship. One ship can carry over 5 containers.
- Port to port –We can move your motorbike from one port to the next as it awaits inland transportation.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Pre Booking Prep plan
- Ask the motorcycle shipping company if they offer insurance so that you can know what their cover entails and what you can add in your own personal cover for the motorbike.
- Ask the shipping company if they will require you to leave the keys in the ignition or not. This is a good time to choose an alternative shipping method if you are not comfortable with handing them your keys
After booking a plan
- Wash the motorbike. Save yourself the trouble of having to wash it after it arrives at the destination.
- Leave the fuel tank at only ¼ full or less
- Inflate the tires
- Check the brakes
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Ensure that the motorcycle shipping company quotes a reasonable price vis-a-vis the distance covered and the shipping method used.
- Ensure that the shippers have modern equipment well suited for your motorcycle brand
- Ensure that it is a reputable shipping company with a secure website.
- Ensure that the shippers can be contacted 24/7. You need to be kept on the loop concerning the progress of the motorcycle shipment even if it’s on the weekends.
- Ensure the shippers know the ins and outs of working a motorbike. Then you can at least have some trust for them if they ask for the keys.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Our motorcycle shipping services are tailored for every consumer to help them close the gap between different destinations in the USA and overseas countries. Our vast resources of professionals and state-of-the-art equipment make it possible for us to offer global services with local knowledge. A-1 Auto Transport provides a mash-up of shipping networks such as rail, road and sea transport resources stretching throughout the globe. We bring you the motorcycle industry-specific expertise that is suitable for your motorcycle business or personal motorbike experience. Wherever you are shipping your motorbike, we will get it there in one piece.
Our Fox Lake motorcycle shipping services
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Call us now and ship anywhere
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.