The different circumstances in which it is necessary to have a bike transported include when:
- Taking part in a motorcycle event like bike weeks or motorcycle rallies.
- Relocating to a new address.
- Taking a bike to the mechanic for repairs.
- Avoiding the wear and tear of bike parts due to long-distance travel.
- Completing a sale by delivering a bike to the address of a buyer.
The bike can be transported in the most reliable way by hiring motorcycle shipping services.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use are:
Air transport - The bike is transported in a cargo plane and the delivery is completed within the shortest time possible.
Water transport - The bike is ferried on a cargo ship and received at the port, which is the entry point of the destination to which the bike is to be delivered.
Road transport - Our drivers deliver the bikes and they use flatbed trucks, open trucks or motorcycle trailers to ship the bikes.
Rail transport: This is a service in which we use railway companies in the delivery of bikes. The bike is transported on a cargo train.
Delivery options to suit your preference and convenience are door-to-door delivery and terminal-to-terminal delivery.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
It is important for you to prepare your motorbike before shipping it so as to take the safety precautions and avoid chances of accidents occurring. This also enables the moving company to handle the bike easily. The tasks to be done include disabling the alarm system and ensuring that the bike has no accessories attached to it. Checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the inflation of the tires is also required of you. Disconnecting the bike and draining the fluids is expected when shipping the bike in a crate. Inspecting the bike after it has been cleaned, while taking notes and photos of it helps in documenting the pre-shipping condition of the bike. This will be useful in the event that you will have to file a claim form so as to be compensated for any damages caused to your bike during transit.
What to consider as you search for a shipping company
The search for a shipping company requires you to take various factors into consideration, including their possession of a valid insurance cover and documents such as licenses and certificates. You should also find out if they provide a variety of motorcycle transport options and if such services are available at affordable rates. The additional factor to put into consideration is the level of security that the mover offers. To ensure that they meet the requirements set by the governing authorities, check if they are registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
Why you should hire us
There are various reasons as to why we are the best mover that you can hire. These include:
- Our expertise in the provision of motorcycle transport solutions makes us a reputable mover and we have mastered the best shipping practices. We also have the capacity to meet specific shipping needs by offering tailored services.
- We are fully insured and have comprehensive cover against the various perils which may cause damage to bikes.
- We are licensed to operate across the USA and have the ability to ship bikes to various destinations, Lake Zurich
- We have a good reputation and many clients have confidence in our ability to deliver their bikes reliably. Our clients have rated us highly and left positive reviews about our ability to provide reliable services.
- We are highly customer-centric and all our operations are done with you in mind. We are VeriSign secured and thus, your communication with us will be secured and private. We have a simple shipping process, making it easy for you to follow through the procedure. Additionally, tracking your delivery will not require you to make constant follow-up calls. We provide you with tracking information so that you can have real-time updates on the progress of your delivery.
Our Lake Zurich motorcycle shipping services
To ensure that the motorcycle will be delivered in a reliable manner, we avail different Lake Zurich motorcycle shipping services such as open-air transport, enclosed transport and crated transport. All the transport options are highly effective and are available at affordable rates. However, you can select the method you would like to use in the shipping of your bike depending on your preference and budget. The additional services which we provide are storage, insurance coverage and advisory services.
Talk to us
Feel free to talk to us so that we may come up with the best solution to have your bike shipped reliably. The number that you should dial is 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.