Safe And Reliable Frankfort Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The need to look for a motorbike shipping company that can help with moving your ride to or from Frankfort is brought about by several factors including:
- Busy schedule. If your job is demanding, odds are that you will not have ample time to go shopping for a motorbike. After making a purchase on eBay hire A-1 Auto Transport to help bring your new ride home.
- Faulty bike. Hire us to transfer your bike to an expert for repairs. We will secure it to prevent some parts from falling off.
- Severe weather. Imagine what would happen if you rode in a big storm. You don’t want to incur fatal injuries trying to save money. Your well-being should come first. It is safe to hire a trustworthy shipping company to move the bike on your behalf.
- Restraining laws. You cannot buy and immediately ride your bike in Illinois. You must first register the bike and obtain a driving license from the government agencies. Consider using a shipping company to bring your bike home after making a purchase.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Overseas shipping methods
- Water transport. Several bike importers and exporters will prefer using the water transport method because of its capacity to transfer many motorcycles at once. The method is also economical because the costs of fuel are normally spread over the cargo.
- Air transport. Air shipping has fewer obstructions; hence the ability to move at a very fast speed. So, if your bikes need to be moved to a far distance within a limited timeframe, then air hauling method is the best fit.
- Inland shipping methods
- Rail transport. Less pollution, more cargo space, less congestion, fewer accidents, low-rates, and safety of bikes is what makes rail shipping a suitable method to send bikes over long distances. This inland shipping method, however, is slower than the famous road transport.
- Road transport. Shipping motorbikes using vehicles is known to be very flexible as many routes and destinations can be easily accessed, unlike rail transport. Road shipping provides straightforwardness and door to door delivery is in the cards.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Arrange the travel documents in accordance with the shipper’s directions.
- Check for wobbly accessories are remove them. They can be shipped separately in secure boxes.
- The alarm device should be removed to avoid it going off while in transit.
- Ensure the tires are well inflated before shipping. These will act as the cushions when the truck shakes or passes through bumpy roads.
- The bike battery should be charged to full capacity before shipping.
- According to international standards, motorcycles should not be shipped with fuel tanks containing gas more than a quarter of their full capacity. Limit the gas level to the recommended capacity.
- Clean your motorcycle and inspect it for damages.
- Jot down all the damages you can see on the motorcycle.
- Photograph the motorcycle to show its pre-shipping condition. These images might be used when filing claims.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Find out the experience level of the shipping company. Shippers with many years’ experience are known to have great knowledge in the field. Moreover, they know the tricks involved in shipping various models of bikes. They are faster in making decisions and must have partnered with the who is who in the manufacturing industry.
- Inspect the quality of the equipment used to handle your Firstly, the machinery in question should be exclusively used to ship bikes. Secondly, they should be certified by the relevant government agencies. Ask the shipper to show you the service records of the equipment.
- Confirm that your shipper is licensed and bonded. You should see the DOT number of your proposed shipper engraved on their carriers. You can as well request to see the permits.
- The shipper’s presence is very important. If you have any urgent issue in regards to bike shipping that needs immediate attention you should be able to access their offices easily and immediately. Therefore, you should make sure that your shipper has an office near you.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- All our enclosed trucks have the latest technology advancements like the air ride system.
- We offer forthright advice so you can make the right decisions.
- We have branches in all cities that are open 24/7.
- Every bike shipment is protected by a premium carrier insurance.
Our Frankfort motorcycle shipping services
- After-shipping bike storage.
- Port to port transport.
- Enclosed carrier transport.
- Motor carrier insurance.
Talk to us!
A-1 Auto Transport Inc., the home of quality shipping, offers affordable shipping services in Frankfort. We have offices in this calm town where our customers can visit for fast inquiries, booking, and bike collection. To speak to our representatives today, dial 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.