Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The situations in which a bike may have to be transported by hiring motorcycle shipping services include when:
- Taking a motorcycle to a mechanic for repairs.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Taking the bikes belonging to participants of a biking event to the location in which the event is to take place.
- Delivering a bike to a purchaser as part of the after-sales services.
- Delivering a bike to the address to which the owner is relocating.
- Avoiding the wear and tear and increased mileage caused by using the bike over long distances.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we avail are:
Shipping via rail – This is an affordable shipping method used to make in-land deliveries. The advantage of shipping via rail is that there are no delays experienced and no congestion along the railway.
Shipping via road: This is an in-land transport option and is commonly used since most destinations are accessible via road. Our drivers deliver the bikes in good time. However, delays may be experienced at times when the road is congested.
Shipping via water: This is an affordable way to ship bikes overseas under circumstances in which the bike is not needed at the destination urgently. Before you ship, you ought to familiarize yourself with the motorcycle laws and the customs requirements.
Shipping via air: This is the fastest way to deliver a bike to the destination. It is also the most expensive shipping option.
Preparation of a motorcycle
Before you ship a bike, you ought to prepare it well. The preparation of a motorcycle is important because this helps in ensuring that the bike will be in good condition and helps the mover to handle it with ease. It also ensures that accidents will be avoided and no leakage of fluids will occur. The tasks you should do are:
- Disable the alarm system.
- Check the engine.
- Check the level of the fluids and top up where need be.
- Ensure that the tires are well-inflated.
- Remove your belongings and the motorcycle accessories.
- Have a professional check the bike and fix any faulty parts.
- Clean the bike.
- Inspect the bike and make a report, documenting its condition and mentioning the present marks or dents on it.
- Take good photos of the bike from different angles.
Note: The additional preparation activities you will have to do when shipping a bike in a crate will be to drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Traits of a reliable motorcycle mover
When searching for a motorcycle mover, you ought to be on the lookout for specific traits. Look for a shipping company that is licensed, insured, experienced and also approved by the Better Business Bureau. The moving company should meet the safety requirements and be registered under both the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). They should also have a good reputation; the reviews about them should be positive and their ratings high. A good moving company will avail you with a variety of motorcycle shipping methods and also give you the chance to hire tailored services which will meet your specific shipping needs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What makes us a good mover?
Hiring us is a good choice since we are capable of meeting your motorcycle shipping needs. With the experience and understanding that we have on motorcycle shipping, you will be guided from start to finish and also get high-quality services. The shipping services are reasonably-priced and you can get a quote for free as soon as you avail us with the details on your move. Your bike will be in safe hands since we provide good motorcycle care and use machinery that meets the current standards of technology and safety while handling it. You will be able to easily monitor the delivery of the bike since we provide real-time tracking information as soon as the bike has been dispatched. In an effort to get the bike to you in good time and to reduce the fuel costs, our drivers pass through the least congested routes.
The available Glendale Heights motorcycle shipping services
To ensure that you can ship your bike in the best way possible, we provide the following Glendale Heights motorcycle shipping services: open-air transport, crated transport, and enclosed transport, which are highly efficient shipping options that can be hired to transport bikes under different circumstances. The option selected will also be based on your preference and budget. The additional services we provide are insurance coverage, storage solutions and guidance on shipping.
Move with us
We hope that you will choose to move with us. We will provide you with the best services at the best rates. You will also have a great shipping experience since we make all processes to be less complex. To get started, give us a call soon on 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory