The village of Winfield is made up of serene neighborhoods and buzzing business districts. It is also made up of a diverse nature-loving community which, since 2016, has taken up the initiative to construct the West Branch DuPage River Trail which is such an eye-catching sight to behold. However, our major concern is those residents who live by the `eat, sleep and ride’ mantra. We know that sometimes you may need to buy a new motorbike, sell the old creaky one or relocate to a new residence and would hate to leave your bike behind. A-1 Auto Transport is here as your caring motorcycle shipping partner ready to help you make that move. There are many laws and regulations that prevent a common resident from shipping their own motorcycle by their own means. Our shipping company operates within the law and can help make the motorcycle move easier for you. Do follow through and find out more.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Domestic Motorcycle shipping
- Open-air transport – The motorbike is not shielded from weather elements and other factors on the road as it is on an open trailer.
- Enclosed transport – Your motorcycle will be fully shielded from all road perils.
- Door to door transport – Your motorcycle can be picked from your home and transported to another residence in another village/city/state.
- Terminal to terminal transport – You will ride your motorbike to the nearest terminal or depot where you will meet our shippers who will then take it to the next depot at the destination.
- Crated transport – We will pack your motorcycle in a well-sealed and labelled wooden crate for transportation. The motorbike will be protected from damage with extra cushioning.
International shipping methods
- RORO (roll-on roll-off) – You motorbike is rolled on a ship deck for transportation by sea and then rolled off at the destination.
- Container – We use containers for large shipments of about 5 or more motorcycles that are tied down to the container with safety straps so that they do not collide with each other while in transit.
- Port to port – Cheapest motorcycle shipping option for customers who live near a port or harbour.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before you book
- Ensure you advise the shipping company on your motorbike’s specifications. Give them the size, brand, dimensions and tire height among other modifications.
- Inform the shipping company if the motorbike is inoperable or wrecked.
- Ensure that the steering wheel, side mirrors, brake and handlebars work properly.
- Find out if the shippers will need the ignition keys.
- Wash the motorbike
- The fuel tank must be ¼ full or less depending on the instructions given by the shipping company
- Remove all personal belongings
- Take photos of the motorbike
- Remove all non-permanent bike racks
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The shipping company should have enough carriers to facilitate the timely delivery of your motorcycle. You do not want to be kept waiting for over a week for a shipping carrier to be available.
- Licensed and insured
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) requires all motorcycle shipping companies to be licensed. Otherwise, you may end up having your motorcycle confiscated by the respective federal authorities. To top it off, you will be trusting them with one of your most precious items. The shipping company should therefore be insured so that you get compensation in case your motorbike is stolen or wrecked.
- Area Coverage
Which areas in the USA do they ship to and are they inclusive of the places you need to buy from or deliver your motorcycle to? This is crucial information that will help you avoid the extra costs of hiring another shipping service.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
For 30 years straight, we remain unbeaten in the shipping industry as apex motorcycle shippers. With our supreme shipping services, we ensure that our customers get the bang for their buck. The customer reviews on our website consist of satisfied customers who sing praises of our ability to offer timely services and comply with the required rules and regulations. For the best customer experience, we also give you the chance to compare our services with other shipping companies so that you can see the value you get. We help you get your prized possession at the desired destination safely and in record time as well.
Our Winfield motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Are you ready to ship your motorbike?
If yes, then you can reach A-1 Auto Transport at 1-800-452-2880 or go to our site for an online quote right away.