Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
There are various situations which require a bike to be transported. These include when:
- Taking a bike to the mechanic for repairs.
- Salvaging a bike.
- Avoiding the wear and tear and increased mileage caused by riding the bike over long distances.
- Delivering a purchased bike to the address of the buyer.
- Transporting the bikes belonging to participants of a biking event.
The above-mentioned situations all require a bike to be handled with care. Therefore, the best way to ship the bikes is by hiring motorcycle shipping services.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use include:
Air transport: The fastest means of transportation which is also the most expensive one.
Water transport: The most economic option for shipping bikes overseas. However, it is much slower and less expensive compared to air transport.
Road transport: The most common method of shipping bikes to various destinations.
Rail transport: The more reliable alternative to road transport because there are no delays experienced. You may opt to pick the bike at the railway terminus or have it delivered to the receiving address.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
There are various activities that should be done so as to prepare a motorcycle for shipping. This is a necessary task to do since it helps in ensuring that the bike will be in a condition fit for shipping and also makes it easier for the moving company to handle the bike with relative ease. The tasks to do include disabling the alarm system, checking the engine , the fluid levels and the tire pressure and ensuring that the gas is at a maximum amount of a quarter of the tank capacity. Additional activities include removing the motorcycle accessories and all of your belongings from the bike. Disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids are the additional activities that you are to do if you intend to ship the bike in a crate. Taking good photos of the bike is recommended so as to ensure that you have proof of its pre-shipment condition.
Traits to look for in a motorcycle mover
The following are the traits that you need to consider as you look for a motorcycle mover:
- Relevant experience in shipping bikes.
- Good knowledge on the various motorcycle laws.
- Valid operations and possession of certificates and licenses.
- Provision of insurance coverage.
- Ability to provide a variety of motorcycle transport options and tailored solutions.
- Trustworthiness and a good reputation, as indicated by the company’s approval by the Better Business Bureau and positive ratings and reviews.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should hire us
The following are some of the reasons as to why you should hire our services:
We have the ability to meet your motorcycle shipping needs in the best way possible since we have the right team and the right equipment to handle the bikes with utmost care. Additionally, we have a good understanding of the best shipping practices that make moves successful. We also provide you with a high level of safety and since we have met the requirements set by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), you can make a confident choice as you hire our services. We price the services at reasonable rates, enabling you to make moves that meet your budget. Quotes are issued for free and they are free from any obligations. You can get one as soon as you provide us with all the details related to your move.
Our River Forest motorcycle shipping services
The following are the River Forest motorcycle shipping services that we provide.
Open-air shipping: Available at affordable rates but provides your bike with a lower level of security.
Enclosed shipping: A more secure shipping option that provides your bike with the security needed. It costs more compared to open-air shipping.
Crated shipping: It is a secure shipping option which ensures that your bike is delivered in good condition since it is not handled directly and is put in a crate that protects it from the various perils. To withstand the weight of the bike, the pallet base is reinforced.
Storage services: It is an optional service whereby you can have your bike held for a period of time and it shall be released to you or the recipient that you indicate it should be handed over to.
Shipping guidance: This service is an informative guide on all matters motorcycle shipping. We ensure that you get all the details on what is needed to make your move successful and also advise you on the motorcycle laws that may influence your move.
Get in touch
If you need more information on our services or if you would like to get a quote, get in touch. Our agents can be reached on the toll-free number 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory