Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Planning to travel in or out of the village of Gurnee? A-1 Auto Transport can help you fulfill your ambitions of experiencing the best of the whole world on just two wheels. Meet new people, explore new cultures, dine on exotic cuisines and blast across new destinations as you make lasting memories. We are a shipping company servicing the suburban villages in the state of Illinois and our services cover the entire USA. We have previously worked with local motorcycle dealers and international manufacturers. We treat all our customers’ motorcycles as special items that deserve the best care that we can offer.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air transport
Our open-air transport carriers have the capability of carrying up to 8 motorbikes at the same time. It is a popular way to transport motorbikes as it is cheap and convenient for city to city moves.
- Enclosed transport
You can take advantage of this method when transporting high-end or classic motorcycle models. We use an enclosed truck to protect the motorbike from harsh weather conditions and the damaging elements of the road such as hanging branches.
- Door to door transport
So long as your place is accessible by one of our trucks, we can come right at your home and collect the motorbike for shipping without involving you in the transportation hustle until the time it gets to its final destination.
- Terminal to terminal transport
If you live close to a depot, terminal or one of our shipping yards, we can move your motorbike from Gurnee to the corresponding shipping yard or terminal at the shipping destination and vice versa. However, Gurnee is the only major Chicago suburb that is not graced by the Metra service. That means rail depots are not suitable options for this method.
- Crated Transport
As the name suggests, we will pack your motorbike in a wooden crate and load it onto a truck, ship or aircraft for transportation.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- No personal items
Think of it this way, your motorbike will be on the road for hours. The drivers will ensure that the motorbike is intact but there is no guarantee that they will also be keen on your accessories, gloves or helmets. It is safer and wiser if you remove them before handing over the bike to the motorcycle shipping company.
- Fuel tank
If you are going for crated transportation method, the shipping company will need the fuel tank to be drained out as the motorbike will not be ridden when being transported. However, other forms of shipment need the fuel tank to be less than a quarter full for the motorbike to be ridden on or off a shipping vehicle or ship.
- Leaking fluids
Leaking fluids from the motorbike are flammable and can explode while being transported. Fix all the fluid leaks.
- Document preparation
Your motorbike will be accompanied by important documents to show where it is going, where it is from and what type of bike it is. These documents will be a CMR note for road transportation, Bill of Lading for sea shipments and Air Way Bill for air freight services. Ensure that the shipping company forwards all the relevant documents to you before the bike is picked up.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Does the shipping company use modern technology to handle your motorcycle? New advancements on motorcycles are coming up every day and if you own a modern motorcycle, you would want to work with a new age company. Ensure that they have a temperature controlled container, modern soft ties, online tracking systems and skids.
What do the customer reviews say about the motorcycle shipping company? If many people are in support of the services they provide and they register little to no complaints of damaged motorcycles, then that is the company you want to go with.
- Fleet Network
Go for a company with shipping yards covering the whole of USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We are perfect for the following jobs:
- An out of state motorcycle move
- Auction motorcycle relocation
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Online motorbike sales/purchases (Amazon/eBay)
- Moving your motorbike to college
- Handling antique, inoperative or special motorbikes
- Office/corporate motorcycle relocations
- Dealer to dealer motorcycle trade
Our Gurnee motorcycle shipping services
- Loading and unloading your motorcycle
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door transportation
- State to state motorcycle shipping-We serve all the 50 states of the USA
- long distance moving
You can reach us by dialling 1-800-452-2880 or you could visit our site to learn more about our services.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory