Motorcycle shipping is an activity that requires a lot of expertise and care. This can best be handled by professionals. The advantages of hiring motorcycle shipping services include the availability of insurance coverage which ensures that in case your bike gets damaged you will be compensated. Additionally, the transport companies are well-equipped and have all the equipment necessary to make the move with ease. Since many of the companies are based across the USA, you get to transport your motorcycle with relative ease.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
Your motorcycle may be shipped using any of the following methods:
Air transport. It offers the fastest means of shipping the bike, regardless of the distance to be covered.
Water transport. It is a slower means of transport compared to air transport but it is less expensive.
Rail transport. It is a more convenient shipping option for in-land shipping since it does not have any delays in delivery.
Road transport. It is a commonly used method of shipping because most addresses are accessible via road.
Getting your bike ready for shipping
The following are the activities that you should do as you get your bike ready for shipping:
- Removing the motorcycle accessories.
- Checking the engine.
- Ensuring that the level of gas is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Checking the level of the fluids and topping up where necessary.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Ensuring that the tires are well-inflated.
- Disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids, if you will ship your bike in a crate.
- Ensuring that faulty parts are fixed by a professional.
- Inspecting the bike.
- Taking good photos of the bike from different angles.
Choosing a motorcycle mover
There are various factors that you should put into consideration while choosing a mover, including:
- The experience that the mover has in shipping bikes.
- The validity of their operations, proven by the possession of documents such as licenses and certificates.
- The availability of a valid insurance cover.
- The reputation of the company. They should have received positive reviews, be rated highly and also have the approval of the Better Business Bureau.
- The safety standards provided, with them being registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the United States Department of Transportation being an indicator of them meeting the safety requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport
Moving your motorcycle is something that should be done in the best way possible and for this reason you should hire the best mover. We are the best mover that you can hire because not only do we ensure that your bike will be received in perfect condition- we also ensure that the delivery will be completed in the shortest time possible. When our drivers are making deliveries, they pass through the routes that are least congested and lead directly to the receiving address. We also have a team that is ready to attend to your requests. Our support team is just a call away at all times. Your bike will also be in good hands since the dispatch team knows how to offer good motorcycle care. We operate across the USA and this makes it possible to make deliveries to various destinations with ease, Lincolnwood included. We are also the most affordable mover that you can get. Our shipping rates are reasonably priced. We are trustworthy and forthright. Therefore, you shall not be charged any hidden costs nor will you be bound to fulfill any obligations when issued with the free quote.
The available Lincolnwood motorcycle shipping services
To meet your motorcycle shipping needs, we provide the following Lincolnwood motorcycle shipping services.
Open-air transport: This is a shipping service that has the advantage of being affordable but the disadvantage is that it is less secure since the bike is exposed to various elements.
Enclosed transport: This shipping option is more expensive compared to open-air transport but it has an advantage of being more secure.
Crated transport: In this shipping option, the bike is prepared accordingly and then put in a crate. The pallet base is usually reinforced so as to withstand the weight of the bike.
Insurance coverage: This service is provided as required by law and it ensures that you are compensated for any damage that may be caused to your bike.
Storage services: This service sees to it that your bike is held securely at our facilities and you get to pick it at your own convenience.
Ship with us
If you would like to get the best motorcycle transport solutions, ship with us. We are ready to meet your shipping needs in an exceptional way. You can call us at 1-800-452-2880 so as to get more information.