There are diverse factors that will require you to send your motorcycle to a certain address. They include:
- The motorbike can be transferred from the builder to a supplier and finally to the buyer/ rider.
- Motorcycle shipping companies can offer services to bike owners who are moving to Highland but choose to use other modes of traveling other than their bikes.
- If a scrambler is out of order, it should be sent to the repair expert for it to be mended.
- Your motorbike may also have to be moved if the weather conditions are adverse and riding in such is hazardous.
- Bike racers attending a biking event or partaking in one will require motorcycle transport services to ship the motorbikes to the venue.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Air shipping.
- Enclosed and non-enclosed carrier shipping.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
A motorcycle must be set prior to its transfer. The process of preparation assists in making sure that your motorcycle will be in a good shipping state. Also, accidents will not happen if you follow the tasks of bike preparation to the letter.
- Motorcycle preparation will need you to inspect the engine and if it has defects, call a bike expert to do repairs.
- Reduce the level of hazardous fluids as per the international standards.
- Remember to inflate the tires to ease rolling on and rolling off your motorcycle from the carrier.
- Remember to take any personal item away from your bike.
- Use a different box to place all the delicate motorcycle accessories so that they will not be broken during the shipment.
- Place all the keys together so that you can hand them in over to the truck driver as one bunch.
- Leave your two wheels in neutral gear for easier loading and offloading.
- Clean the bike after performing a once-over.
- Note down all the parts with faults and photograph the bike.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Insurance coverage should be a major feature on your list when looking for a shipping company in Highland. When a shipper covers your bike while in transit, you have a sense of relief knowing that the bike is safe in their care and should anything happen while in transit, compensation is a must.
- Affordability of shipping packages is another factor to consider when looking for a hauler. Pick a shipper that offers you reasonable prices and those which are within the market range. Discard any quotation that is above your budget; if the budget is within the market range.
- Experience of the shipper. Shipping bikes is the most delicate of all shipping businesses. Before you allow a shipper to handle your bike, ensure they have enough Any experience of over 10 years is adequate.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Real-time motorbike tracking. We have managed to stand out from all other bike shippers because of our instant online tracking for customers’ cargo. They can view the bike carriers’ location from their smartphone; therefore, offering them peace of mind.
- Our presence is vast. You are likely to find a branch of A-1 Auto Transport in every city or town you visit. You can walk into any branch and inquire about your shipment even if you booked with us at our Highland offices and you are in another city. We use blockchain technology to ensure the information in all branches is synced on the go.
- Rave customers reviews. We take customer’s feedback with high regard. The comments are what shape our services. If the client leaves a bad review we must follow up and try everything we can to satisfy them.
Our Highland motorcycle shipping services
- The door-to-door transport service. This is a very convenient shipping service that makes A-1 Auto Transport Inc. the go-to shipper for any shipping needs.
- Terminal to terminal shipping. This is a shipping service that involves sending your motorcycle to the terminal or our pick-up point. The bike is shipped to another terminal where you will pick it at your pleasure.
- Local and international motorcycle transport. The local shipping mainly involves handling shipments within the USA and international transport entail moving bikes to and from foreign nations.
- Adequate experience and knowledge. When you compare a transport company with many years’ experience and a start-up company, you are likely to find that the former has more wealth of knowledge and skills than the former. We are more than 30 years old!
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.