Motorcycle shipping is best handled by professionals who are capable of delivering bikes safely and in good time. It is best to hire motorcycle shipping services as opposed to making self-moves because the movers are well-equipped and also possess more knowledge on motorcycle laws. Moving companies also provide additional services such as storage and guidance, making the move easier for you. Since the moving companies are more experienced in handling and delivering bikes, they are able to perform the activities with relative ease.
The available motorcycle transport options
The motorcycle transport options that we avail include:
- Air transport, which is the fastest means of transport and also the most expensive one.
- Water transport, which is a convenient means of shipping bikes overseas.
- Rail transport, which is a good transport option which ensures that the delivery is completed with minimal delay.
- Road transport, which is a common method of transport used in making deliveries to the receiving address.
To have your bike delivered, you can choose to hire either the door-to-door service or the terminal-to-terminal service.
Getting your motorcycle ready for shipping
Before a bike is shipped, it ought to be prepared well. This is because doing so helps in ensuring that safety precautions have been taken and that the bike will be handled easily by the mover. The motorcycle should be prepared by doing the following:
- Checking the engine.
- Checking the level of the fluids.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Checking if the gas is at a maximum level of ¼ of the tank capacity.
- Removing all your belongings and the accessories attached to the bike.
- Taking the bike to a professional who can fix the faulty parts.
- Cleaning the bike thoroughly, ensuring that it does not have any dirt or debris on it.
- Inspecting the bike.
- Taking good photos of the bike from different angles.
- Disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids, if you will ship the bike in a crate.
Factors to consider as you search for a mover
Getting the best motorcycle shipping services starts with you hiring the best moving company to meet your needs. The questions that you should pose as you search for a mover include:
- Is the company licensed to operate and certified by the relevant authorities?
- Does the company have a valid insurance cover? How comprehensive is it?
- Do they have a variety of motorcycle transport options available?
- Are the shipping rates affordable and within the market rate?
- Does the company have a good reputation and are they approved by the Better Business Bureau?
Why hiring us is a good choice
You will be making the right choice by hiring our services because:
- We are highly skilled and provide a variety of services that can reliably meet your motorcycle shipping needs.
- We can provide you with very reliable transport solutions, including tailored services. Should you need to transport any type of motorcycle or have your bike delivered to a biking event, we are the right mover to hire.
- We are highly customer-centric and our shipping process is not complex, ensuring that you can easily follow through the procedures. You can make payments for the service with relative ease and you can also get real-time updates on your delivery by using the tracking information we provide.
- We are the safe hands that you can trust to handle your bike. Our team provides good motorcycle care and we also use equipment which makes the handling of your bike easy and secure. Additionally, we have met the safety requirements set by both the United States Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- We are able to meet your unique shipping needs such as transporting a bike to a biking event or shipping specific types of bikes such as classic bikes and the Harley-Davidson.
- We also provide services at affordable rates which meet your budget. We have highly competitive rates and you can get the estimated shipping costs by requesting for a quote. The pricing is forthright with no hidden costs included. Additionally, no obligations are tied to the issued quotes, which are provided free of charge.
Our Worth motorcycle shipping services
We provide a variety of Worth motorcycle shipping services, which include reliable yet affordable transport solutions such as crated shipping, open-air shipping and enclosed shipping. We provide a comprehensive insurance cover, which is availed as required by law. Additionally, we also provide shipping guidance to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the move successful. Storage services are also provided to ensure that you get to have your bike handled and stored safely as you plan for its pick-up.
Get in touch
Please feel free to get in touch with us. If you need more information on our services, please contact us on the number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.