Just at the crossroads of Interstate 39 and Interstate 80, you will find the vibrant city of LaSalle. The city comes alive on the fall of Friday nights when many people flock to the Howard Fellows Stadium to watch the star football team, the LaSalle-Peru High School Cavaliers. The tourism sector is also booming with visitors from all over the globe coming in to view several National Historical Structures including the Julius W. Hegeler House, the Hegeler-Carus Mansion and the LaSalle City Building. If you are a LaSalle resident and have everything coming in easy for you with the superb economic and social lifestyle the city, then looking for a good motorcycle shipping company should be the least of your problems. With A-1 Auto Transport servicing the cities of Illinois, you will just sit back as you let us worry about how your motorbike will get to the next destination.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air and enclosed transport
You have probably seen open auto transport carriers on the road a couple of times before. Most are flatbeds that can only ship one or two vehicles. Well, we use the same open ended principle to ship your motorbike as opposed to towing it to the intended destination.
When it comes to enclosed or covered transport, the carriers we use look like a typical box truck closed up with 4 solid walls. We use this method for customers who want to perk up the security level for their motorcycle. Due to the wall restrictions on this type of carrier, we cannot fit in as many motorcycles as we would in open transport.
- Terminal to terminal transport
Your motorbike will be loaded at a terminal on one end of LaSalle and offloaded at another terminal at the final destination.
- Crated transport
We use a container made of wood to safely ship your motorcycle.
- Door to door delivery
We also provide shipping services from a designated address or location to the set up destination address without involving you in the logistics of having to collect your motorbike from the depot or a shipping yard.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Clean the motorbike to help see the scratches or dents during inspection.
- Leave one set of keys for the shippers to move your motorbike.
- Disable or turn off all the alarm systems on the motorbike.
- Detach or retract all antennas if any
- Detach all the luggage racks that aren’t bolted onto the motorbike
- Keep the fuel tank at ¼ full, fix all fluid leaks and mechanical issues if you can
- Inflate the tires
- Ensure that the breaks are working
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Go for a company that shows you which type of trailer they will be using for the shipment in order to avoid surprises on the actual pickup day.
- Ensure that each shipping company you consider has a Department of Transportation (DOT) number. The exceptions are forwarders and brokers who are not required by the law to have an active DOT number since they do not engage in the actual motorcycle transportation.
- Shipping companies are required to have both cargo insurance and liability to legally transport your motorcycle. Ensure that you get a written proof of the insurance coverage before sealing the deal with
- Evaluate the shipping company’s online Ensure that it is a well-developed website that answers all the questions you need to know about their services. Thereafter, go through their customer feedback for any complains or compliments then you can make a judgment on the type of customer experience you expect to receive from them.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Once you get in touch with us, we do not sell or distribute your information to anyone. In the event that your motorbike gets damaged during shipping, and that rarely ever happens, we will immediately place a claim for you to the insurance company. You will incur no extra costs for this service and we will ensure that your claim is resolved clearly. What’s more is that our world of experience has made us the best shipping company for the following duties:
- Shipping your motorbike off to college.
- Transporting your bike out of state/city/village.
- Out of state motorbike sales/purchases (Amazon/eBay).
- Auction motorcycle relocation.
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations.
- Shipping antique, unique or inoperative motorbikes.
- Office/corporate motorcycle relocation.
Our LaSalle motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
How to get started
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.