Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The village of Westchester serves as the home of the McFetridge Sports Centre. Any sports enthusiast knows how fun the tennis and ice sports can get but it’s such a bummer that the fun cannot be extended to motorsports. Well, that is why shipping companies exist to help you transport your motorbike to another location that is a bit more motorsport friendly. Regardless of whether you live for the sport or for sheer fun, your interest should be drawn to one in particular ̶ A-1 Auto Transport.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air and enclosed transport
Our standard shipping method is the open-air transport and we offer it to customers moving over very short distances. Most customers going for this method want to save on expenses related to securing the motorbike for transportation. Yes, your motorbike is exposed to the open road conditions but we will ensure that it gets to the destination in one piece. Enclosed transport method, on the other hand, is safer as your motorbike is shielded with a canvas or fibreglass partition.
- Crated Transport
We will transport your motorbike in a wooden crate that is well labelled to avoid misplacement. We, however, require your cooperation in the preparation of the motorbike by disconnecting your battery, emptying fuel tank and taking other steps which we shall look into later on.
- Door To Door Transport
Our motorcycle delivery system stretches as far as your home or business residence. We do not mind getting as close to you as humanly possible. However we require you to inform us if your place is inaccessible, say, the road is not passable so that we can figure another way out.
- Terminal to terminal transport
For this method, you will be required to transport your motorbike to a docking area next to your residence, that is, an airport, railway terminal, or our offices. Thereafter, we will ship your motorbike to our operating area or the correlating terminal at the final destination.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
We prepare the motorcycle to prevent hazards along the way and for insurance purposes. Knowing that, you can do a few activities in this respect which may entail:
- Having proof of the pre-shipping state of your We encourage you to take dated notes, videos or photos; whatever you can present as evidence when you claim for damages or theft.
- Wash your motorbike. In case your motorcycle goes through customs, you will be required by the law to pay for it’s It’s better to do it early and avoid such expenses.
- Drain out the fuel tank if you are going for crated transport to prevent fuel spill.
- Look for any oil or water leaks and repair them.
- Check if the motorbike is in good riding condition. If not, remedy the situation
- Lock the handlebars.
- Remove the keys from ignition – unless instructed otherwise.
- Fold in the side mirrors.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Seasonal changes
With modern technology, most shipping companies use temperature controlled shipping containers for safety during the different seasons. The temperature of the shipped goods is kept at a constant to prevent freezing or overheating. Your motorbike should also benefit from this strategy especially if you are shipping during the winter season.
In handling, you look at how the shippers will load your motorbike into the truck, their security measures during transportation and how they offload the bike. Some shipping companies stack up motorcycles to create more space for shipping multiple motorcycles. Others pack them side by side as it is easier to pull them out and there is minimal chance for the motorbike at the bottom of the pile getting damaged by excessive weight.
- Container size
Shipping companies work with containers that are as small as 20ft. and as large as 40 ft. Ensure that the size is perfect for the motorbike brand that you have especially when shipping in large numbers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Imagine how tired you would be if you had to ride your bike into another city. Not to mention the fact that you cannot carry a lot of items with you since it is not safe. Since leaving your motorbike behind is not an option, you should consider hiring us to handle the motorcycle shipment for you. This is work made easier.
Our Westchester motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door moving
- State to state motorcycle shipping
- long distance moving
- Packing and unpacking of your motorbike
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Let’s do this
Call us at 1-800-452-2880 or visit our site and look at some of our motorcycle shipping deals.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory