The motorcycle industry, just like any other industry, requires expertise, research, and innovation. A-1 Auto Transport is on the front line to see to it that efficiency and reliability get increased. We have achieved this by absorbing great talent in our team, conducting in-depth research on how to improve our shipping services, and giving potential clients tips on how to have successful bike shipments.
Speaking of prices, we have the best in the industry. We have included free packages in every shipment such as free storage, free quotations, and free phone calls. We have partnered with several bike building and selling companies, for example, Harley Davidson and eBay respectively. We have helped ship from low-budget to mid-range, and high-end bikes in Calumet City for close to 30 years.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated motorcycle transport. Your pricey scrambler will be more than safe when you choose our crated method for shipping. We use wooden crates that are cushioned for greater protection.
- Covered truck transport. Our enclosed trailers offer first-class protection to motorcycles getting transported. There are all types of security gadgets fitted in the trucks, for instance, infrared cameras with night vision features, GPS devices for tracking abilities, and security warning devices.
- Open-air motorcycle transport. Our fleet of open trucks will help any bike owner move their bike to and from any location. We, however, must assess the condition of the weather before facilitating your shipment.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
We always remind our customers to prepare their bikes before they bring them for shipping or before our agents pick them up at their domiciles. The following are our guidelines on the appropriate motorcycle preparation methods.
- Wash the motorcycle. Use a soft fabric for the cleaning part and cotton cloth for drying.
- Assess the bike for damages. The examination should be performed in a well-lit area.
- Record your findings in writing and images. Take clear and crisp pictures. These will be used as proof in case your bike gets vandalized before delivery.
- Remove all loose parts. Loss and damage of loose motorcycle accessories are common if they are left on the bike during shipping.
- Check the level of gas. Fumes emitted by a motorcycle with a filled fuel tank pose a danger to the drivers and other road users. If fire starts, your bike will be affected too. The recommended level of gas is only ¼ of the tank.
- Disable the alarm device. You do not need an alarm on the bike while we handle it. We will take good care of the bike.
- Drain the fluids. Some of the fluids used in motorcycles are dangerous. Shippers recommend bike owners to remove all inflammable and corrosive fluids.
- Charge the battery. Since the battery is used to ignite the engine of the motorcycle, it should be charged to full capacity before shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Are the prices from your shipper in the range of what other equivalent shippers ask for? Be sure to vet several shippers before choosing one. This activity will efficiently guide you to know shippers who are only eyeing your money. Always use shippers whose prices follow parameters formulated by the US Department of Transport.
- Find out what experience previous clients had with the shipper. This information is easily retrieved from the company’s website. Reliable shippers will have good comments, and bad shippers will have bad comments.
- Use a transport solution provider that has been tried and tested. They must have passed all the government tests, met all the qualifications, and satisfied customers’ demands entirely.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- You will get lost for choice the moment you visit A-1 Auto Transport. We have over 15 different secure ways to transport your motorcycle. Under each method there are several shipping vessels; there are cargo planes for air shipping, trucks for road transport, and trains for rail shipping.
- Our clients love what we do. Our satisfactory customer service has earned us excellent reviews and ratings on our testimonials page.
- We have drivers who know all the roads, routes, and highways in the USA. They make sure that you receive your cargo without delays by using shorter routes.
Our Calumet City motorcycle shipping services
- Cost-free and watertight motorcycle storage.
- Cost-free and instant motorcycle tracking.
- Toll-free phone calls.
- Cost-free 24/7 advisory services.
Talk to us!
The benefits of using a tried and tested shipping service like A-1 Auto Transport in Calumet City are innumerable. Bike owners will never have cases of headaches and frustrations. We deliver motorbikes in good time and pristine conditions. To get your free quotation and book your bike shipment today, make a call on 1-800-452-2880.